Washington/UNI/Sputnik: The Afghan government forces have liberated the Guzara district from the Taliban in the western province of Herat, the Ministry of Defense said.
"#ANDSF & Public Uprising Forces with support from #AAF recaptured the Guzara district of #Herat province, from #Taliban terrorists control today. Over 100 #Talib terrorists were killed & wounded as result.
"Additionally, a large amount of their weapons & amos were destroyed," the ministry tweeted late on Friday.
Violence has been on the rise in Afghanistan in recent weeks as the Taliban stepped up its offensive after international troops began withdrawing from the country in May.
The troop withdrawal was one of the points of the agreement that the Taliban and the United States reached in Doha in February of last year.
- Massive protests in Turkey by Uyghurs against 'Chinese Occupation' on 73rd National Day
- Protests held worldwide against Chinese atrocities on National Day of China
- Little progress combating systemic racism against people of African descent: UN report
- Chinese national killed in Pakistan: Motive behind attack still not clear, says police official
- ‘Dire’ and deteriorating pattern of rights abuse continues in Ukraine