Washington/Sputnik: More than 90,000 people became refugees over the recent escalation of tensions in Azerbaijan's breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh, Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan said.
"Consistently, there are about 90,000 thousand people, who have been displaced. They lost their homes, they lost their property," Mnatsakanyan said on late Friday.
He added that up to 8,000 infrastructure facilities had been destroyed during the ongoing hostilities.
- UN experts decry Iran’s reported plan to execute Iranian-Swedish academic
- 'Deplorable' killing of Afro-Brazilian man shows need to address racism, discrimination
- Next generation will lose their language: Uyghur activist slams China
- Pope Francis describes Uighurs of China as 'persecuted' people
- Families of Chinese detained Hong Kongers receive letters, but doubtful about content