UN Photo/Eskinder Debebe The United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus (UNFICYP) controls the buffer zone between the opposing sides. (file)
A fresh United Nations-led bid to seek to resolve decades of tensions in Cyprus began in Geneva on Tuesday, with Secretary-General António Guterres “realistic” about the chances of making progress, his Spokesperson said.
- COVID-19 ‘vaccine equity in action’ in the Maldives: a UN Resident Coordinator blog
- UN condemns deadly attack at guesthouse in Afghanistan
- Release jailed dissident on medical grounds, UN experts urge Iran
- UN-led aid convoy brings 23 tonnes of humanitarian goods across contact line in east Ukraine
- Nepal: New appointments ‘undermine independence’ of rights oversight body, UN experts warn