UNICEF/Khaled Akacha A child looks over a flooded area of Kafr Losin Camp in north-west Syria.
Senior United Nations officials have called on the international community to step up funding for relief programmes supporting millions of people in Syria and the region, who depend on the life-saving assistance and livelihood support after a decade of brutal conflict.
- Myanmar violence ‘must cease immediately’: UN agencies
- Somalia: ‘Prioritize the national interest’ international partners urge, as political stalemate continues
- UNRWA chief reports on despair and hope among Palestinians, as US announces $150 million in aid
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand
- FROM THE FIELD: providing hope for those living with HIV in Yemen