IOM/Ko Oo Migrant workers commute to their workplace in the Mandalay region. (file)
The independent UN Special Rapporteur investigating human rights in Myanmar has called on the international community to hold an “emergency” summit of all stakeholders, including the parliamentarians who were democratically elected prior to February’s military coup.
- Myanmar violence ‘must cease immediately’: UN agencies
- Somalia: ‘Prioritize the national interest’ international partners urge, as political stalemate continues
- UNRWA chief reports on despair and hope among Palestinians, as US announces $150 million in aid
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand
- FROM THE FIELD: providing hope for those living with HIV in Yemen