Kabul: At least 20 people were killed as a suicide bombing hit inside a mosque in center of Paktia province in the east of Afghanistan on Friday, media reports said.
Paktia Police Chief Raz Mohammad Mandozai told Tolo News the suicide bombing left 20 people dead and 40 others wounded, according to their initial information.
The blast occurred at a time when people inside the mosque were performing Friday prayers.
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm local time.
Some eyewitnesses, who were interviewed by TOLOnews in Paktia, said up to 30 people have been killed in the explosion and almost 100 others were wounded.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- Pakistani illegal migrants use Bosnia visa fraud route to EU: The Times London Report
- ‘Timeless message of unity’ resonates on holy day celebrating Buddhism, amidst pandemic
- Gunmen storm into Sikh temple in Kabul killing four, encounter on
- India to surpass China as most populous country in the world by 2024
- Landmine explosion in Afghanistan leaves five municipality members hurt