Paris/Sputnik: Four people have been detained as part of an investigation into the killing of a teacher near Paris, the Agence France Press news agency reported.
One of the detainees is reportedly underage.
On Friday, media reported that an unknown criminal beheaded a man near an educational institution in the commune of Conflans-Saint-Honorine.
The alleged assailant was shot dead by police officers in the neighboring commune of Eragny.
The anti-terrorist department of the prosecutor's office joined the investigation of the murder.
According to French media reports, the murdered man was a teacher, and the alleged perpetrator was an 18-year-old man born in Moscow.
According to publications, the murdered teacher taught his students freedom of speech lessons and showed them cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Afghanistan: Nimruz blast leaves five security personnel dead
- Misuse of terrorism laws during conflict creates ‘unmitigated calamity’
- Bomb goes off in National Security office in Afghanistan's Kunduz, 4 injured
- Iraqi security forces kill 11 IS terrorists north of Baghdad
- Afghanistan: Car bomb blast in Ghor leaves 12 civilians killed