Moscow/Sputnik: Two people were killed and 12 others were injured as a result of an explosion that followed a terrorist attack in the city of Khanaqin in eastern Iraq on Thursday, Alsumaria broadcaster reported, citing sources.
"Terrorists attacked a group of citizens and security forces on the outskirts of Khanaqin. During the evacuation, a bomb exploded, killing two people and injuring 12 others," the source said, adding that those injured were taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
According to the source, the local security cell took strict measures to prevent any emergency amid the incident.
- Afghanistan: Suspected Taliban attack leaves two engineers killed
- Afghanistan: Unknown gunmen set school on fire
- Kabul starts to release 400 Taliban prisoners, 80 of them already free
- Ex- Afghanistan intelligence chief slams Pakistan's ISI, calls it 'termites'
- One person killed, two others injured in bomb blast in Afghan capital - Police