Moscow/Sputnik: Two people were killed and 12 others were injured as a result of an explosion that followed a terrorist attack in the city of Khanaqin in eastern Iraq on Thursday, Alsumaria broadcaster reported, citing sources.
"Terrorists attacked a group of citizens and security forces on the outskirts of Khanaqin. During the evacuation, a bomb exploded, killing two people and injuring 12 others," the source said, adding that those injured were taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
According to the source, the local security cell took strict measures to prevent any emergency amid the incident.
- Somali forces foil attack on military bases by al-Shabab
- As north-west Syria violence reaches ‘horrifying’ new level, UN relief chief says ceasefire is only option
- Global terror financing watchdog FATF decides to retain Pakistan in ‘Grey List’
- Pakistan mounts eyewash action on top terrorists to escape FATF sword
- Three killed, 15 injured in blast in Pakistan