Moscow/Sputnik: Two people were killed and 12 others were injured as a result of an explosion that followed a terrorist attack in the city of Khanaqin in eastern Iraq on Thursday, Alsumaria broadcaster reported, citing sources.
"Terrorists attacked a group of citizens and security forces on the outskirts of Khanaqin. During the evacuation, a bomb exploded, killing two people and injuring 12 others," the source said, adding that those injured were taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
According to the source, the local security cell took strict measures to prevent any emergency amid the incident.
- Afghanistan: Nimruz blast leaves five security personnel dead
- Misuse of terrorism laws during conflict creates ‘unmitigated calamity’
- Bomb goes off in National Security office in Afghanistan's Kunduz, 4 injured
- Iraqi security forces kill 11 IS terrorists north of Baghdad
- Afghanistan: Car bomb blast in Ghor leaves 12 civilians killed