Moscow/Sputnik: At least 14 people were killed on Sunday by militants, who attacked a protestant church in the eastern part of Burkina Faso, media reported.
According to Burkina Faso’s Infowakat news outlet, a group of gunmen entered the church in the department of Foutouri and opened fire at the worshipers.
Unidentified militants also attacked positions of the security forces not far from the assaulted church and killed three officers.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
Burkina Faso has been suffering from activities of Islamist groups linked to al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorist organizations (both banned in Russia) since 2016.
- South Sudan: UN calls for end to inter-communal clashes, attacks against aid workers
- Protests and civil unrest show ‘renewed sense of patriotism’ in Iraq, UN envoy tells Security Council
- Zimbabwe ‘facing worst hunger crisis in a decade’
- Iraqi security forces detain late al-Baghdadi's deputy commander
- Jalalabad: Japanese national with honorary Afghanistan citizenship killed