Moscow/Sputnik: At least 14 people were killed on Sunday by militants, who attacked a protestant church in the eastern part of Burkina Faso, media reported.
According to Burkina Faso’s Infowakat news outlet, a group of gunmen entered the church in the department of Foutouri and opened fire at the worshipers.
Unidentified militants also attacked positions of the security forces not far from the assaulted church and killed three officers.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
Burkina Faso has been suffering from activities of Islamist groups linked to al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorist organizations (both banned in Russia) since 2016.
- UN report reveals 6,500 Pak terrorists are among foreign fighters in Afghanistan. India expresses 'serious concern'
- Amid conflict over leadership, Mullah Yaqoob takes charge of Taliban
- Iraq: 2 soldiers, 2 IS militants killed in airstrike and bomb attack
- Indian agencies discover how Wagah-Attari drug network was used to fund Kashmir terrorists
- Indian agencies gather evidence about The Resistance Front's Pakistan origin