Jalalabad, Aug 19 : Multiple explosions rocked Afghanistan's Jalalabad area on Monday and left several people injured, media reports said.
The exact number of people injured in the explosions are not known so far.
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The Governor’s Office of Nangarhar said in a statement that six bombs went off in Jalalabad city earlier today, reported Khaama Press.
Furthermore, the Governor’s Office said the security forces had earlier discovered and defused six bombs from various parts of the city, reported the news agency.
A suicide bombing incident in Kabul city, which had targeted a marriage hall on Saturday, killed over 60 people and left the nation shocked at a time when it is observing its 100th Independence Day.
Islamic State claimed responsibility for the incident.
Afghanistan is celebrating its Independence Day on Monday.
- South Sudan: UN calls for end to inter-communal clashes, attacks against aid workers
- Protests and civil unrest show ‘renewed sense of patriotism’ in Iraq, UN envoy tells Security Council
- Zimbabwe ‘facing worst hunger crisis in a decade’
- Iraqi security forces detain late al-Baghdadi's deputy commander
- Jalalabad: Japanese national with honorary Afghanistan citizenship killed