Photo Courtesy: X platform video grab
A broke out at a nightclub in Spain's Murcia region which left 13 people dead, media reports said.
The blaze broke out in the popular Teatre nightclub, in the Atalayas area, at around 06:00 local time (04:00 GMT), reports BBC.
The emergency teams reached the spot and are still searching for victims.
The cause of the fire is still not known.
The injured people were rushed to hospital for treatment.
A 28-year-old woman who has not been found sent a voice note to her mother when the fire had started, according to the La Verdad de Murcia newspaper, as quoted as saying by BBC: "Mummy, I love you, we're going to die."
Murcia mayor José Ballesta posted on X: "We regret to inform you that the deaths in the Atalayas fire amount to 13 people."
The Mayor said emergency teams are working in the area.
- Sharp spike in child poverty was registered across 40 of the world’s richest countries between 2014 and 2021: UNICEF
- US official says upcoming polls in Taiwan should be free from outside interference
- UK government introduces tougher visa rule to cut migration
- UN chief calls on Israel to ‘spare civilians from more suffering’ in Gaza
- WHO says over 200 attacks registered in health sector in Gaza