Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 28 Jan 2023, 08:10 am Print
Image: Israel Police Twitter page
Jerusalem: Police said a 13-year-old attacker was 'neutralized' after he shot and injured an Israeli father and his son in Jerusalem’s Old City on Saturday.
Police described the incident as a 'terror attack'.
Israel Police tweeted: "Preliminary report - suspicion of a terror attack in Jerusalem: A short time ago there was a report of a shooting in the City of David in Jerusalem. As a result of the shooting there are 2 wounded. The shooting suspect was neutralized. Large police forces were called to the scene."
1/5 Terror attack at Maalot Ir David in Jerusalem: At around 10:42AM police received a call reporting a shooting in the vicinity of Maalot Ir David street. Police were dispatched to the site, and within a short time the terrorist was shot by 2 passersby who held licensed weapons pic.twitter.com/8vxKVIfVmh— Israel Police (@israelpolice) January 28, 2023
The Kan public broadcaster named the attacker as Muhammad Aliyat from Silwan, reports The Times of Israel.
Several video footage of the incident has now gone viral on social media where gunshots could be heard.
The fresh incident occurred just a day after seven people were killed in a shooting attack on Friday night in the Neve Yaakov neighborhood.
- Spate of missile launches triggers call for unity on Korean Peninsula
- Seventy people detained in Paris during protests against pension reform
- Two teachers stabbed by student in Canadian Province of Nova Scotia: Law Enforcement
- Rebooting memories of life before the nuclear devastation of Hiroshima
- Afghanistan: Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock seeks UN's support for wheat storage facilities