Image: Wikimedia Commons
Kathmandu: Police have arrested Nepali cricketer Sandeep Lamichhane from the Tribhuvan International Airport here over alleged rape charges.
Lamichhane allegedly raped a 17-yeat-old minor under influence, which was revealed during the first week of September this year, reports The Himalayan Times.
According to police sources, procedures on the case to charge Lamichhane will now be initiated as he has now surrendered before the police, the Nepali newspaper reported.
The cricketer has maintained he is not guilty.
Meanwhile, the survivor has already filed a First Information Report (FIR) at Gaushala Police Circle, reports The Himalayan Times.
- Sri Lankan Airlines facing revival challenge as more pilots exit
- China: Protests erupt against govt's COVID-19 measures, some demand Xi Jinping's resignation
- Chinese spying fears: US bans Huawei, ZTE equipment sales
- Ukraine: Missile strikes, summary executions highlight importance of international law
- Tesla to recall 67,698 vehicles in China: Reports