Yerevan: At least one person died and 20 others were hurt as a large explosion hit the Armenian capital of Yerevan on Sunday.
The explosion happened in a building at the Surmalu market, in the capital Yerevan, reports SkyNews.
Earlier on Sunday, the Armenian emergency ministry told Sputnik that the blast caused a fire and injured some people, reports UNI.
Firefighting and rescue teams are working at the site.
Several people are still feared to be trapped under the rubble.
- 24 killed in Bangladesh boat capsize
- Hong Kong might face Covid and flu spike in upcoming winter season: Experts
- Canada braces for Hurricane Fiona after a week of lashing wind and rain in Caribbean
- War crimes have been committed in Ukraine conflict, top UN human rights inquiry reveals
- With its credibility waning, UN has no choice but to take ‘bold steps’ to modernize, says Cyprus President