Madrid: At least one person died and 17 others sustained injuries after a stage collapsed due to strong wind at a music festival in the Spanish autonomous community of Valencia, the local emergency coordination center said on Saturday.
"At 4:18 a.m. (2:18 GMT), a part of the stage collapsed at a festival... in [the municipality of] Cullera due to a strong gust of wind... One person died, three sustained multiple serious injuries, 14 sustained minor contusions," the Emergencies 112CV emergency coordination center tweeted.
The center added that some 40 people have been evacuated from the festival.
The incident occurred at Medusa Festival 2022 — a dance music festival in Cullera, Spain — on the Valencian town's beach.
(With UNI inputs)
- 24 killed in Bangladesh boat capsize
- Hong Kong might face Covid and flu spike in upcoming winter season: Experts
- Canada braces for Hurricane Fiona after a week of lashing wind and rain in Caribbean
- War crimes have been committed in Ukraine conflict, top UN human rights inquiry reveals
- With its credibility waning, UN has no choice but to take ‘bold steps’ to modernize, says Cyprus President