Image: Wikimedia Commons
Dubai: United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan died on Friday, officials said.
He was 73.
The UAE will observe a forty-day national mourning with the flag flown at half-mast starting today, the ministry announced, adding that work will be suspended at all ministries, departments, and federal, local and private entities for three days, reports Emirates News Agency (WAM).
Sheikh was the second President of the UAE.
He was also the 16th Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Suspected California church gunman is Taiwanese immigrant, says official
- Taliban authorities end Afghanistan's human rights commission
- Chinese teachers at NED leave Pakistan after Karachi University suicide attack
- Kohala hydropower project in Pakistan Administered Kashmir: Chinese firm Sinosure reluctant to accord approval
- Twitter does not believe in free speech, we're Commie as F***, reveals leaked employee video