Image Credit: Wallpaper Cave
New York: Tesla chief Elon Musk on Friday announced his $44bn deal to buy micro-blogging site Twitter is on hold after he queried the number of fake or spam accounts on the social media platform.
He tweeted: "Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users."
Musk has been vocal on cleaning up spam accounts, reports BBC.
However, analysts speculated he could be seeking to renegotiate the price or even walk away from the takeover, the British media reported.
- US: PCAOB sanctions three China-based firms, imposes $7.9 million in total fines
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Hamas releases 8 more hostages from captivity
- Powerhouse American diplomat and disputed Nobel laureate Henry Kissinger dies aged 100
- New York: Subway shooting leaves 2 injured
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Hamas releases 12 more hostages amid extended truce