Elon Musk puts Twitter deal on hold
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 May 2022, 07:47 am Print
Image Credit: Wallpaper Cave
New York: Tesla chief Elon Musk on Friday announced his $44bn deal to buy micro-blogging site Twitter is on hold after he queried the number of fake or spam accounts on the social media platform.
He tweeted: "Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users."
Musk has been vocal on cleaning up spam accounts, reports BBC.
However, analysts speculated he could be seeking to renegotiate the price or even walk away from the takeover, the British media reported.
- School meals fuel young minds, but most vulnerable still missing out: WFP
- Paraguayan, British lawmakers commence Taiwan visit
- Chinese Embassy warns citizens against travelling outside CAR capital Bangui after killing of nine nationals
- More than 850 people detained in France during protests against pension reform: Interior Ministry
- Norway warns officials against using TikTok, Telegram