Image: Wallpaper Cave
New Delhi: As many as 72 servers, which are based in India, are allegedly sending data of Indian users to China, media reports said.
At the centre of this are cloud data servers of Chinese technology group, Alibaba, top intelligence sources told News18.
According to the officials, Alibaba’s cloud data servers are widely popular among businesses because they offer services at a far cheaper rate than European servers, the Indian news channel reported.
However, they are seemingly responsible for “data stealing” from India, and have been allegedly found to be sending over data to their home nation, China, News 18 reported.
According to sources in the agency, almost 72 data servers operated by Alibaba in India have been identified as sending data of Indian users to China, the Indian news channel reported.
This is allegedly a systematic plan that has been organised by Chinese authorities, and works by flaunting the value proposition to businesses. Intelligence sources further said that these data servers seemingly offer free trial usage periods to organisations in a bid to trap them in, News 18 reported.
On this note, intelligence officials told the news channel that a “massive probe” is expected to begin on China’s intended cyber espionage, soon.
The news channel reports made the claims at a time when the relationship between India and China has touched a new low.
India and China have been engaged in border standoff along the LAC in eastern Ladakh since early May.
It has even led to a violent clash between troops of the two countries in the Galwan valley on June 15, wherein 20 Indian soldiers were killed.
- Philippines bombing: Key suspect arrested
- Israel-Palestine conflict: Gaza fighting continues amid 'apocalyptic' conditions; Security Council to meet Friday
- Missing ex-Chinese Foreign Minister Qin Gang dead: Report
- US: Shooting at University of Nevada campus in Las Vegas leaves three people dead
- Libyan officials dismantle illegal gold mining network which comprised of Chinese, Chadian and Nigerian nationals