Kathmandu: An earthquake measuring 6 on the Richter Scale hit Nepal on Wednesday, officials said.
The tremor was felt at 5.19 am.
The country's National Seismological Center said the epicentre of the quake was located at around Ramche of Sindhupalchok district.
An earthquake of ML 6.0 occurred around Ramche of Sindhupalchok district at 5:19.@NEOCOfficial— NSC, Nepal (@NepalNsc) September 15, 2020
The tremors were felt in central districts including Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalchowk, Ramechhap, Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur, reported Khabarhub.
No casualty or damage to property has been reported so far.
- Uighur: China dismisses Pope Francis's 'persecuted' remark
- Afghanistan: Car bomb blast injures six policemen in Kandahar
- Members of India's Northeast separatist group ULFA had undergone arms training in Pakistan: Report
- ‘Foundational and necessary change’ needed to heal post-COVID world
- Protect civilians uphold human rights, UN tells warring parties in Ethiopia