Kathmandu: An earthquake measuring 6 on the Richter Scale hit Nepal on Wednesday, officials said.
The tremor was felt at 5.19 am.
The country's National Seismological Center said the epicentre of the quake was located at around Ramche of Sindhupalchok district.
An earthquake of ML 6.0 occurred around Ramche of Sindhupalchok district at 5:19.@NEOCOfficial— NSC, Nepal (@NepalNsc) September 15, 2020
The tremors were felt in central districts including Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalchowk, Ramechhap, Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur, reported Khabarhub.
No casualty or damage to property has been reported so far.
- China-backed hackers broke into 100 firms, agencies: US Justice Department
- Officials bust Pakistan spy agency ISI's secret drug supply route in South Africa
- Belarusian police arresting protesters in Minsk
- UK Health Minister tells public to follow COVID-19 rules or face national lock down
- UN and partners promote sport as a tool to prevent violent extremism