Moscow: There are no Russians among those gravely injured in the powerful explosion that rocked the Lebanese capital of Beirut on Tuesday, the Russian Embassy told Sputnik.
"We are now monitoring the situation thoroughly, the consular department and the compatriots' organizations [are engaged in this effort]. As of 8.30 a.m,, there is no information about any gravely injured Russians," the embassy's adviser, Dmitry Lebedev, said.
The damage done to the building of the Russian diplomatic mission in Beirut will not affect its operation, Lebedev assured.
- Thailand planning to cancel Submarine deal with China: Reports
- Accelerated action needed to save 12,000 lives a day due to injury, violence
- UN Forum tackles ‘digital poverty’ facing 2.7 billion people
- Russia is using sexual violence as 'a weapon: Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska
- Sri Lankan Airlines facing revival challenge as more pilots exit