Moscow: There are no Russians among those gravely injured in the powerful explosion that rocked the Lebanese capital of Beirut on Tuesday, the Russian Embassy told Sputnik.
"We are now monitoring the situation thoroughly, the consular department and the compatriots' organizations [are engaged in this effort]. As of 8.30 a.m,, there is no information about any gravely injured Russians," the embassy's adviser, Dmitry Lebedev, said.
The damage done to the building of the Russian diplomatic mission in Beirut will not affect its operation, Lebedev assured.
- Zhenhua data leak: Collection of info on New Zealanders by Chinese firm may hit nation's security, warns Kiwi Minister
- Bolster fragile world to emerge stronger, UN chief urges, marking Peace Day
- Uzbekistan to resume int'l tourism next month
- Gunmen kill 2 senior police officers in NW Nigeria attack
- Former Los Alamos National Laboratory employee sentenced to probation for making false statements about being employed by China