Baghdad (Xinhua/UNI) An explosion was heard in the heavily fortified Green Zone in central Baghdad in Iraq on Sunday evening, while sirens could be heard following the blast, a security source said.
"Katyusha rocket hits central Baghdad's Green Zone without causing any casualties," Yahya Rasoul, spokesman of the Iraqi Joint Operations Command, said in a statement.
Another security source anonymously told Xinhua that a Katyusha rocket struck an empty area near the U.S. embassy in the Green Zone, without causing casualties.
- Global Acceleration Framework to speed up water and sanitation access for all
- Professor charged for illegally using US grants to aid Chinese research - Justice Dept
- Illegal trade in fake or faulty COVID-19 products booming, new UN research reveals
- US military to stand strongly with India in clash with China: White House official
- Car bomb detonated near security check post in Afghanistan's Maidan Wardak