Gaza Strip (Sputnik/UNI) A fourth Palestinian was killed by Israeli airstrikes on Saturday, a spokeswoman for the Gaza's Health Ministry said.
The victim was identified as a 25-year-old Palestinian man, according to the ministry's statement released late Saturday.
Earlier in the day, the ministry said that a pregnant woman and her baby were killed in an Israeli airstrike in the Gaza Strip.
Tensions in the area escalated early Saturday when Israeli military said they detected dozens of rockets fired from the Gaza Strip. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) responded by hitting Hamas and other terrorist targets.
Israeli military also attacked a building where Hamas' military intelligence and general security offices in the Gaza Strip were located.
- Bangladesh bans entry without Covid-19 negative certificate
- Over 1,600 Rohingyas relocated to Bhashan Char island; Bangladesh urges international community to not misinterpret sincere efforts
- Pakistan: Illegal detention of Pashtun leader condemned
- Amidst positive steps, challenges in Africa ‘loom large’, UN chief tells Security Council
- Rohingya: Commonwealth to form large pool of lawyers to help Gambia fight genocide case at the ICJ