|Organization Name||:||ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Feb 2021, 08:13 am|
|Closing Date||:||12 Mar 2021, 12:00 am|
Officer: Governance & Social Innovation
Start date: 01 May 2021 (or later)
Duration: 24 months (extension intended)
Deadline for application: 12 March 2021
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a network of over 1,500 local governments in 68 countries that are dedicated to sustainable development. It has 15 offices servicing its members while developing innovative projects and events and is an international not-for-profit association and network perceived as the international representative of cities for sustainability. The European Secretariat is based in Freiburg, Germany.
ICLEI‘s member cities drive innovation by pioneering the development and application of new processes, instruments, methods and tools for local sustainability. ICLEI promotes integrated and cyclical management and governance of all sustainability related policy areas.
The Officer Governance & Social Innovation - ‘Integrated Management’ will have native German language skills and focus on projects and consultancy services that connect local government departments, politicians and civil society; develop, test and promote innovative approaches and solutions for the transformation towards sustainable cities; and support cities in introducing integrated management and governance systems. Interfaces exist to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the European Union’s Green Deal.
The Officer will be a staff member of ICLEI Europe’s team on Governance & Social Innovation.
He/She will be supervised by the responsible Coordinator and the Deputy Regional Director.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Conceptualisation and implementation of project tasks and deliverables together with external partners, cities and funders;
• Delivery of consultancy services for local governments, with a focus on German cities;
• Organisation, programme development and facilitation of project-related meetings and other events convening stakeholders from a wide range of organisations;
• Facilitation of exchange, evaluation, peer-learning and capacity-building among cities;
• Conceptualisation and writing of guidance materials, case studies and news articles on innovative measures in the areas mentioned above;
• Desk research and drafting of reports on issues related to integrated sustainability management, innovative local governance and community involvement, and social innovation on the local level;
• Dissemination of information on projects: Website content management and maintenance, newsletters, presentations, articles;
• Project management support including general administrative tasks, communication with project partners, monitoring of implementation and external reporting to the project coordinators and funding agencies;
• Input to the acquisition of future projects and writing of project proposals;
• Representation of ICLEI at events and presentations.
Skills and qualifications:
• Education: Academic degree in urban planning, public or business administration, urban geography, economic studies, or related field; Sound understanding of local government, urban management, participatory governance, and social innovation;
• Professional experience: At least 3 years of work experience in European projects and consultancy services, ideally in the field of sustainability / governance, preferably in a non-profit environment / in organisations working with/for cities; Excellent skills in project management, organisation and communication;
• Languages: Excellent German (mother tongue level) and English (reading, writing and speaking), additional European language(s) an asset;
• Personality: Active, dynamic and entrepreneurial approach to work including creativity and interest in project and service development. Precision and ability to be self-organised within an international team;
• Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (orally and in wri¬ting). Excellent representation skills. Confidence in communicating with partners from different backgrounds and cultures. Solid experience in facilitating meetings, including particularly online meetings;
• Computer skills: Confident user of online meeting software and tools, all Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, www research.
• Initially limited contract, duration from May 2021 until April 2023. Extension of the contract after April 2023 is intended;
• Corridor contract 80-100% with a gross salary according to Officer position in ICLEI’s salary grid (indicative: EUR €43.200 - €45.600 per annum for 100%). Foreseen to start at 100% of full-time position;
• Place of work: ICLEI European Secretariat, Freiburg, Germany;
• Workings hours: 40 h/week, six weeks of paid leave per annum;
• Working language: English;
• Readiness for frequent travel;
• Applicants must – due to legal reasons – hold EU citizenship or valid EU residence permit and a valid German work permit. Applications not meeting these conditions can unfortunately not be considered.
Deadline for application: 12 March 2021
Please apply in writing, including a CV and letter of motivation to: email@example.com
Be aware that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival; therefore application as soon as possible is advisable.
For more information about ICLEI visit: www.iclei-europe.org
ICLEI Europe’s Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
ICLEI Europe’s hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organisation hires employees without regard to their race, colour, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, socio-economic background or sexual orientation. ICLEI’s policy is that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely on the basis of their qualifications and competencies.
Job Email id: jobs.europe(at)iclei.org