|Organization Name||:||Shelter For Life International (SFL)|
|Location||:||Minnetonka, MN, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Jan 2021, 04:20 am|
|Closing Date||:||19 Feb 2021, 12:00 am|
Consultant - Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager
Shelter For Life International (SFL) is a Christian Relief and Development organization providing humanitarian assistance to post conflict countries for over 30 years. SFL is currently operational in several countries in Africa and Asia. Our Headquarters is located in Minnetonka, MN. SFL provides support and assistance in the following areas:
1. Shelter and Settlement
2. Public Infrastructure Reconstruction
3. Social and Economic Development
SFL’s mission is to Demonstrate God’s love by enabling people affected by conflict and disaster to restore their lives and rebuild their communities. You can learn more about us at www.shelter.org.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager
SFL is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager to develop methodologies for monitoring and evaluation of field projects, help guide project implementation with attention to objectives, indicators, and results, and practice an adaptive learning approach to continually assess project progress, analyzing program impact and informing project management decision-making.
The roles and responsibilities of the MEL Manager will include but not be limited to the following activities:
• Ensuring accountability and compliance, the manager will draw on existing SFL and donor MEL guidelines to develop MEL plans for projects and monitor field project performance while maintaining standardization of MEL policies, procedures, and internal controls
• Develop MEL standards and guide their usage in the field using qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods while liaising with field and headquarter leadership
• Identify key indicators and develop data collection methodologies; oversee project M&E staff’s key data collection and reporting to accurately measure project progress against objectives
• Supervise regular spot checks by field staff on project activities, documentation of beneficiary feedback, and lead evaluation of findings
• Evaluate and share lessons learned with program leadership and the operations team, maintaining an adaptive management approach leading to better field practice
• Compose periodic MEL reports as required by donor policies and SFLleadership
The applicant should possess and will be selected based on the following criteria:
• At least five years’ experience in M&E, MEL, or Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) positions for international development programs, including data collection and analysis activities
• Master’s degree preferred in M&E, MEL, MEAL, international development, or related field
• Thorough knowledge of M&E policies and practices as used by foreign aid and development organizations
• Project cycle knowledge, and strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
• Working knowledge of Evaluation Practice and Theory of Change and their use in development programs
• Proven track record managing technical and support staff
• Experience with program evaluation in foreign development project settings
• Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity are crucial
• Good communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
SFL is interested in applicants whose professional ethics, values and determination to achieve impact are evident and aligned with organizational priorities.
The MEL Manager may work remotely, with regular communication with contacts at the SFL Headquarters office in Minnetonka, MN. The MEL Manager is a part-time contract position.
Please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager”. Applications must be in English. Please include your name in the title of all attached documents. In your CV/resume, the work experience should be presented chronologically and should contain sufficient details to enable the review team to evaluate your qualifications and experience. The CV/resume should include the name, telephone number, and email of at least two professional references who do not work for the applicant's current employer.
Job Email id: info(at)shelter.org