|Organization Name||:||Results for Development (R4D)|
|Location||:||Washington DC, or London, United Kingdom, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Jan 2021, 04:06 am|
|Closing Date||:||29 Jan 2021, 12:00 am|
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
Results for Development (R4D) is looking for a Head of Communications play a key leadership role in the EdTech Hub, of which R4D is one of the core partners.
The EdTech Hub (“the Hub”) is R4D’s largest education program, a global research partnership with the goal of empowering people to make decisions about technology in education. The EdTech Hub does rigorous academic research to generate new evidence, and gives evidence-based advice about how to use technology in education. We help decision-makers inside and outside government make clear, evidence-based policy decisions to achieve maximum impact. The Hub is made up of a consortium of partners; R4D leads the engagement, communications, and digital work of the Hub.
The Head of Communications will be responsible for designing and executing the EdTech Hub’s communication strategy, which is pivotal to its impact. This includes getting evidence to the right people at the right time and in the right format, for a diverse global audience from government officials to international development professionals. The Head of Communications will oversee a small team to execute against the strategy, ensure consistent messaging and style on all communications products, and ensure the Hub has the global digital and in-person presence it needs to advance impact.
The Head of Communications will work closely with both the Hub’s Managing Director and the Director of Engagement as well as other Hub consortium members, including members of R4D’s Education Practice.
It is envisioned that the Head of Communications will spend the majority of his/her time (roughly 90%) on the EdTech Hub, but will also spend a limited amount of time supporting communications efforts of the R4D Global Education Practice including promoting the team’s work and impact through creative dissemination approaches tailored to key audiences.
The Head of Communications will report to the Director of the Global Education Practice, who serves as the EdTech Hub’s Director of Engagement. This position will be based in Washington, DC or London. Occasional travel (up to two weeks per year) may be required once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
• Develop the EdTech Hub’s communications strategy in collaboration with the Hub’s management team
• Passionately and nimbly manage all outward-facing communication, ensuring there is consistent messaging, branding, and language
• Identify and proactively pursue opportunities for the Hub to engage in country, regional, and global fora likely to advance our mission of empowering decision-makers with evidence
• Help the Managing Director and the Director of Engagement refine strategic messaging
• Develop ideas for new products or formats that will best showcase the Hub’s research
• Develop an editorial calendar to strategically roll out different kinds of formal and informal content and publications over the course of the year, including annual or bi-annual flagship reports and associated launch efforts
• Oversee the development and rollout of publications that are eye-catching, intellectually stimulating, compelling, and useful. This includes considering strategic timing and shaping of all Hub products in collaboration with the Hub’s management team
• Support Hub staff across several organizations, disciplines, and time zones to communicate clearly, simply and accurately about their work
• Manage a team of 2-3 people, which may include a combination of content writer, junior communications staff, copyeditor, and web developer. Oversee contractors such as graphic designers and photographers/filmmakers as needed
• Advise the Hub’s communications team on methods to continuously improve the Hub website
• Oversee the team to manage, produce, and generate content on the Hub’s blog and social media accounts (Twitter and Linkedin)
• Oversee the workflow of external facing products from announcements to blogs to formal reports, liaising with authors and technical experts
• Plan and run engaging and seamless virtual and face-to-face events, across many time zones and with diverse audiences
• Set key performance indicators (KPIs) and work with the team to regularly measure outcomes and adapt plans according to data insights
• At least 7 years relevant experience, master’s degree preferred, but not required
• Passionate about getting information to people in creative and compelling ways.
• Exceptional attention to detail, ability to develop and oversee workflow processes and systems
• An uncanny knack for keeping lots of balls in the air with grace and a positive attitude
• Experienced, clear, precise writer and editor in English
• Experience executing communications strategies with a global audience and across multiple platforms and mediums
• Proactive, organized, sets and meets deadlines, balances competing priorities
• Attentive supervisor with experience delegating and empowering team members, setting high expectations and motivating the team to meet them
• Creative communicator with new ideas and a willingness to take risks
• Ability to work with and bring together a diverse group of stakeholders
• Experience working in the global education space strongly preferred, experience working in international field particularly with audiences in low- and middle-income countries required
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Apply at: https://jobs.lever.co/r4d/31fea7b4-32de-45c3-bd54-9df2a1b76afd/apply