|Organization Name||:||Evidence Action|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty in some of the poorest places. Our large-scale, evidence-based programs are rigorously evaluated to ensure they reach the greatest amount of people in the most cost-effective ways. No matter what the position, each member of our team can be confident that the hard work we do does make its intended impact. Collectively, our at-scale initiatives measurably reach over 280 million people annually, and we continuously seek dedicated and mission-driven people to help advance this rare, and large-scale, global impact.
Are you are passionate about data and evidence? Do you want to ensure your talents and skills are directly applied to programs that generate meaningful and long-lasting impact? Then Evidence Action is the place for you.
The Associate, Information Systems will be responsible for technical support of key Information Systems which drive Evidence Action operations and expansion. The Associate will primarily focus on delivering solutions and supporting information for Evidence Action’s Deworm the World Initiative (DtWI) ensuring high availability and accessibility of critical operational services for teams in Kenya and Nigeria. The associate will have an instrumental secondary role in applying cross-program support to the Dispensers for Safe Water (DSW) and other programs in Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Pakistan, and India through alternative platforms and technical implementations that aim to streamline workflows and deliver important data indicators. In addition, the Associate will provide support to the Senior Associate, Information Systems and the broader Analytics team on any and all requests delivered.
Reporting to the Senior Associate, Information Systems, the position holder’s role requires strong problem-solving skills to ensure program Information Systems are supported technically.
Duties and responsibilities
Information Systems maintenance and support for Evidence Action programs:
• Maintain and test Information Systems to ensure proper functioning per program request; regularly monitor information system equipment for errors and stoppages and offer corrective action and solutions.
• Implement necessary and/or requested development changes as per program requirements.
• Support and oversee the development of new system features and upgrades as assigned, contribute to user testing, and respond to requests of end-users.
• Train new and existing users on Information Systems, and offer them support to ensure best practices when using the system.
• Provide monitoring and maintenance support to the IS Senior Associate for the server Operating System on a regular basis increasing server uptime and ensure server meets the needs of the user at all times.
• Support the IS Senior Associate in installing, configuring, and applying new updates and patches as the need arises; troubleshoot and resolve any server issues on the fly, and assist with correctly identifying the source of problems.
• Actively participate in the identification, evaluation, and testing of new technologies; contribute to the innovation of systems and workflows; support the development of concept notes and proposals for program-requested systems.
• Research and provide input on software and hardware choices and/or improvements for the program when requested.
Database management support:
• Work closely with the data management team to ensure consistency and clear definition of the data across databases; support the data management team in downloading or uploading data correctly to the server.
• Design and develop user interfaces for access and use of SQL databases based on program and MLE team needs; ensure all required users are able to access databases and provide support to database requests.
• Design and develop dashboard applications built on the SQL databases to ensure understandable and accessible data visualization for the programs and MLE teams.
• Update and maintain the integrity of the data server and ensure accessibility by all users.
• Support the data management team in the use of MySQL to access and manipulate the database.
• Work closely with the data collection team to support data collection activities as necessary.
• Carry out regular data back-ups and syncs to ensure the safety and integrity of data.
District Health Information System (DHIS2) maintenance and support:
• Support of District Health Information System (DHIS2) for the DtWI program, which is being implemented for the program as a central platform for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of program information with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support development of new system features and updates, and necessary and/or requested development changes from time to time as program needs evolve.
• Work closely with the IS team to innovate and introduce new features and tools that comply with DtWI workflow.
• Support configuration of smartphone data entry modules to facilitate data collection via mobile devices.
• Assist in documentation of user manuals, system updates, and features; train new and existing users on the DHIS2 platform, and offer support to ensure best practices when using the system.
• The applicant should at least hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or any related field from a recognized university; Master’s degree a plus.
• 2+ years of working experience in a dynamic IT or IS related position is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge in developing and maintaining large/complex integrated information systems
• Demonstrated knowledge in core Object Oriented Principles and design.
• A certification from DHIS academy will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in database design and development using relational database management systems including MySQL and PostgreSQL is an advantage.
• Experience with common server-side scripting languages is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of Java-based Android application development is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of Git for file version control is a plus.
• Knowledge of server management and deployment in relevant AWS cloud environments is a plus.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be innovative.
• Attention and ability to keep tight timelines and ensure that tasks are delivered according to expectations.
• Service/Client-oriented and ability to work well in a cross-cultural and geographically dispersed team.
• Strong self-motivation and ability to work vigilantly under minimum supervision.
• Ability to communicate professionally both in written and spoken English.
• Flexible mindset and a positive attitude to work in a fast-changing environment.
• Ability and willingness to travel to field offices when the need arises.
NOTE: Please specifically illustrate the above-desired qualifications in your cover letter by giving examples from your experience.
Due to the nature of the job sometimes you will be expected to work outside the office hours.
Apply at: https://evidenceaction.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=456