|Location||:||Slough, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
(Senior) Education and International Development Specialist
Are you an Education and International Development Specialist with a passion to improve education systems in developing countries and make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity? If so, come and join NFER as our Education and International Development Specialist.
At NFER, our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. We do this by creating and sharing research evidence and insights on education policy and practice, informing policymakers and other key decision makers, and strengthening practice in the classroom.
As our Education and International Development Specialist you’ll support the development of education systems around the world through cutting edge research and evaluations on key thematic areas in the field of education and international development such as teaching and learning, equity and inclusion, assessment, systems and structures and edtech.
You’ll contribute to developing and implementing key areas of NFER’s strategy that increases our impact on education worldwide, creating new opportunities by building partnerships, developing research ideas, and leading proposals for project and grants funding.
In this role you’ll bridge the worlds of research and policy, and will have a passion for conducting research that can help improve education systems in developing countries.
This role will require international travel (up to 25%)
• Salary of £35,798 - £48,109 depending on experience, with generous pension scheme
42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
• Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
• Free parking
• Excellent support for professional development from a network of fellow education researchers, evaluators and development specialists
• Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant social science, such as education and international development, or comparative and international education, or equivalent professional experience
• Extensive relevant research or evaluation experience with track record of working in developing countries, or with key donors
• High level policy knowledge of education and international development sector and core understanding of key industry players and dynamics
• Demonstrable advanced skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research and evaluation and a mixed methods research capacities preferred.
Your love this job if you are:
• Creative and innovative, and able to play a significant role in the conceptual development of projects
• An excellent communicator, with a growing record of publications and ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
• Collaborative, as an effective team member and in a wider organisational structure, working with a range of junior and senior colleagues
• Experience at leading multidisciplinary teams with an ability to manage competing tasks to tight deadlines
Bonus points if you have:
• An ability to work fluently in additional languages, particularly French, would be an advantage
• Knowledge of STATA or Nvivo or comparable software
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
This role is open for Tier 2 sponsorship.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 6th September 2020
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as an Education and International Development Specialist, apply via https://bit.ly/3ijhIef
Job Email id: recruitment(at)nfer.ac.uk