|Organization Name||:||Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED)|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) is a research project which records, publishes, and analyses disaggregated data on violent political conflict. These data are publicly available, along with analysis and information about the project, at www.acleddata.com. These data are used for a range of purposes, from academic research on dynamics of conflict to informing diplomatic policy, and humanitarian and development work in conflict-affected contexts.
ACLED is recruiting a full-time Grants and Fundraising Officer to assist with ACLED’s grants and fundraising activities. The candidate must have the right to work in the United States of America, although the work is fully remote. Only those with the legal authorization to work in the US (citizenship, permanent residence, or work permit) can apply, even if they do not plan to be residing in the US. Please submit your salary range for consideration. Applications without this information will not be considered.
The Grants and Fundraising Officer will be supervised by the Senior Program Manager. The Grants and Fundraising Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Research and pursue funding opportunities
• Support the development, maintenance, and execution of the fundraising and development plan
• Support the Senior Program Manager in proposal development
• Support in the development of fundraising and promotional materials
• Support program start up, implementation and coordination (Human resources, budget management, operations)
• Contribute to program reporting and monitoring and evaluation through the full project cycle
• Ensure program success by aligning and motivating teams to achieve program objectives and adhere to timelines
• Support the management of program budgets
• Lead on programs administration (contracting, filing, document management, organization of tasks, etc.)
• Lead on data entry, management and maintenance of donor, user and affiliate contacts (Salesforce and other tools)
• Where required, liaise with Communications department on program-specific and relevant communications
• Ensure strict compliance with donor and federal regulations
• Other ad hoc training support tasks and occasional administrative and coordination tasks
Skills and competencies
ACLED is seeking applicants who have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Fluency in English is essential; fluency in other languages desired;
• Ability to work remotely with limited supervision;
• Good judgment and extremely high attention to detail;
• Experience prospecting new donors, identifying funding opportunities, developing proposals (including budget proposals) and managing contracting and start up of new grants;
• Experience managing complex projects and budgets with tight timelines;
• Experience with Salesforce (strongly preferred);
• 2-3 years of experience in grants management and/or fundraising and development at a non-profit organization (preferably focused on peacebuilding, conflict, human rights, and/or global affairs).
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience.
Further information on the project is available online at acleddata.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.
Apply at: https://acleddata.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=18