|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Parent Sector : Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 5
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 15-JUL-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Within the implementation of EU-funded project REBUILD (ICT-enabled integration facilitator and life rebuilding guidance), aiming at address immigrant integration through the provision of a toolbox of ICT-based solutions improving the management procedures of local authorities and the life quality of migrants, working under the authority of the Chief of Section for Media Development and Media and Information Literacy, and the direct supervision of the assigned programme specialist, the incumbent shall:
Ensure the smooth implementation of the overall project, by:
• Liaising with the project coordinator (UNINETTUNO, Italy) and project partners, members of the project consortium;
• Participating to project meetings (online and on site when required)
• Provide timely information and quality work reports
Support the implementation of the project components in which UNESCO is involved by:
• Ensuring UNESCO’s quality contribution in the co-design work and the communication; and
• Define, organize and perform, in collaboration with the involved partners, test and pilot sessions of the ICT-toolbox with selected users (in the project sites in Spain, Italy and Greece);
• Ensure coordination for the tasks led by UNESCO, including the review of reports by the involved partners, namely:
1. Test planning and methodology definition
2. Testing and results gathering
3. Pilot planning
4. Pilot execution
• Draft project deliverables:
1. Test plan and methodology
2. Test cycles
3. Pilot Plan
4. Pilot Results (validation of the ICT-Toolbox acceptance and impact)
• Monitor existing projects and best practices regarding ICT solutions deployment for migrants.
1. Draft correspondence, replies to project leader and partners, reports, concept notes, speeches, briefings, proposals, and other documents as necessary. Produce web and social media content, press releases and communications material.
2. Assist with any other necessary tasks as required by the assigned Programme Specialist and Chief CI/MID.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
• Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in social sciences, public administration, business administration, programme evaluation or a related field is required.
• At least 7 years’ experience on record in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ICT-based solutions for social or humanitarian activities at international level;
• Minimum 5 years’ proven record in organizing capacity-building activities and campaigns to support impact-oriented action;
• Proven experience in the development and/or deployment of ICT-based tools handling personal data information, and relevant EU regulations;
• A sufficient operational knowledge and understanding of Artificial Intelligence based systems, and technical experience in databases and mobile application solutions deployments;
• Experience of coordinating and establishing contacts with local authorities and representatives of civil society, public and private sectors;
• Experience in ICT-based solutions for activities specifically involving migrants, refugees and/or displaced persons is an asset;
• Prior proven participation in EU-funded H2020 project management would be an asset.
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, and or if the button is not visible, look for, download and complete the Employment History Form (Word file). At the end of the Word file, insert extra pages with the following required information:
• A statement indicating how their qualifications and experience make them suitable for the assignment.
Note that this Service Contract is for a period of 10 months.
Only applications providing the information requested under Application Procedure will be considered.
The evaluation of candidates may include a competency-based interview.
Any additional information you may request will be sent to you as soon as possible. However, any delay in providing such information will not be considered a reason for extending the date for submission of your proposal.
Kindly note as well that until the selection of contractor is made and the contract is formally signed by UNESCO, the Organization has not undertaken any commitment, whether oral or written to you or other prospective contractors.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Apply at: https://careers.unesco.org/job/Paris-Project-Officer-%28CIMID%29/519141802/