|Organization Name||:||World Health Organization|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Dec 2019, 02:48 am|
|Closing Date||:||06 Jan 2020, 12:00 am|
National Consultant – Health Research - (1905425)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 1 year
Job Posting: Dec 9, 2019, 11:35:27 AM
Closing Date: Jan 6, 2020
Primary Location: Indonesia-Jakarta
Organization: SE_INO WR Office, Indonesia
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
Information, research and evidence are the foundations of and indispensable instruments for strengthening health systems, ensuring quality health policies and implementing the 13th General Programme of Work as well as SDGs. WHO promotes policies and practices which are grounded in the best available evidence and recognizes the need for improved research quality, strengthened national capacity for research, and increased impact of research on population health.
The key objective of this SSA is to provide technical input to the WHO Indonesia’s efforts in national health research system strengthening and provide support to the Ministry of Health (MOH)/National Institute for Health Research and Development (NIHRD) in building research capacity for health policy.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer, Health Systems Research and Health Information System, the incumbent will:
1) support the assessment and monitoring of health research activities such as mapping health research stakeholders and analyzing research capacity, governance, financing, and uptake and use of research in policy and practice;
2) assist in developing MOH’s research capacity, in particular, in swift and transparent publishing of research findings and in ensuring the uptake and use of research among decision-makers;
3) work closely with MOH/NIHRD, in particular, to the new NIHRD research commission, in setting health research priorities and aligning research agenda to health system challenges and issues;
4) contribute to the identification/development of tools and resources for national health research capacity strengthening;
5) provide support in building alliances and partnerships with institutes, NGOs, universities and other UNs working in the areas of research for health;
6) assist with the coordination of research-related activities across various programme areas of the WHO Indonesia Office; and
7) Undertake any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor as required.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Moving forward in a changing environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
Sound understanding of principles of public health, health research, health policy and knowledge translation
Essential: Master’s degree in public health or related health sciences
Desirable: PhD in Public health or related health sciences
Two years of professional work experience in health policy research/health systems research, knowledge translation/evidence-informed policy-making and/or health research systems strengthening
Four years of experience in health policy research/health systems research, knowledge translation/evidence-informed policy-making and/or health research systems strengthening
Expert knowledge of written and spoken English and native language skills in Bahasa Indonesia
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Work is performed in normal working environment.
Computer literacy: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.searo.who.int/indonesia
• A written test may be used as a form of screening for the short-listed applicants. The performance in written test will decide on applicant’s eligibility to appear in the interview.
• Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
• WHO is committed to workforce diversity
• WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
Please apply online from https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1905425