|Organization Name||:||Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)|
|Location||:||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Job Title: IT Officer
Job Group: Project Staff
Job Grade: P2
Accountable to: Head of ICT
Division/Department: Administration and Finance
Location of assignment: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Nationalities eligible to apply: Nationalities of IGAD Member States
Expected Start Date: Jan 2020
Duration of the Assignment: The contract is for a period of one year, renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is a Regional Economic Community (REC) in the Greater Eastern Africa region and is comprised of eight member states namely; Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda. Its headquarters is based in Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti.
IGAD has several program offices in the Member States. The IT Officer will be responsible for managing and providing Information Technology support for specialized institutions and program offices based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. These include CEWARN, ISSO, ISSP, RESGAS, IPPSHAR, other programs as well as the Peace & Security Coordination Office.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The Information Technology (IT) Officer will be responsible for managing and supporting the Information Technology functions of the Specialized Institutions and Program Offices based in Addis Ababa. The IT Officer will be accountable to the Head of ICT at IGAD HQ (Djibouti).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing IT support to end-users and ensuring prompt resolution of IT issues.
• Managing and supporting business application systems, including SunSystems Financials, Procurement, and Sage Human Resource Systems.
• Providing email access to staff, intranet and other office collaboration tools.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining servers, networks, end-user computer systems, printers, UPS and other peripheral equipment.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems and application software. Ensuring baseline standards and secure configurations are applied and maintained.
• Managing and maintaining network infrastructure, internet access, LAN, VPN, and Wi-Fi networks. Ensuring the networks are interconnected and optimized for performance and security.
• Maintaining audio/video conference systems and office telephone systems in coordination with service providers.
• Managing, maintaining and monitoring access control systems including CCTV and other security systems.
• Maintaining inventory of IT systems including hardware and software. Preparing user and systems documentation as well as network diagrams.
• Preparing specifications for IT systems, hardware, software and services.
• Liaising with vendors and other service providers to ensure IT services are rendered as required and Service Level Agreements are fulfilled.
• Providing basic training and orientation to new users on IT systems, ensuring IT policies and procedures are implemented and monitored for compliance.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A university degree in Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized academic institution.
• Microsoft, Cisco and other relevant training and certifications would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of SunSystems Financials and Sage HR systems would be an added advantage.
• At least three (3) years practical working experience as an information technology professional in a busy office environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• A proactive, self-driven and problem-solving orientation.
• Ability to troubleshoot IT problems and provide solutions.
• Proficiency in operating systems and office productivity applications.
• Knowledge of enterprise business application systems, including financials, procurement, and human resource systems.
• Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi networking standards and protocols.
• Knowledge of Internet access technologies and ability to diagnose connectivity issues.
• Good communication skills and ability to explain technical issues to end users and management.
• Ability to keep abreast of emerging trends and technologies.
HOW TO APPLY
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, experience and core competences stated above need apply. The submitted applications should be accompanied by a cover letter, a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees and the candidate’s contact details (E-mail address and telephone numbers).
The applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com bearing the subject line: “IT Officer” and addressed to:
Director, Administration & Finance
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti.
The deadline for submitting applications is 30th November 2019 at 23:59 HRS (EAT, GMT +3).
IGAD is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)igad.int