|Organization Name||:||Center for Civilians in Conflict|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) seeks to fill the role of a Training Associate
• Job Type Full time
• Qualification Minimum B.Sc or HND
• Experience 3 - 7 years
• Field Location. Maiduguri, Borno
• Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Contract Term: Full time
Duration: 2 years, renewable
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
We are looking for a full time Training Associate to support our training efforts in Borno northeast Nigeria in areas such as Training of community self-protection committees across LGAs and support training on the protection of civilians in conflict for relevant security forces, members of community vigilante, civilian joint task force and hunter groups.
SCOPE OF WORK/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Training Associate is to be based in Maiduguri. He/ She will be responsible for training on protection of civilians to security forces, community members, civilian joint task force, vigilante and hunter groups in the various LGAs based on CIVIC’s training modules
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The training Associate will report to and be supervised by the Project Manager and will report technically to Snr. Training Advisor.
• Review and update relevant training modules
• Lead and facilitate training sessions in identified LGAs for key actors
• Compile reports, participants attendance, evaluation for pre and post training questionnaires for each activity
• Attend and report on meetings for CBOs, NGOs and INGOs in the LGA with a bias for meetings with protection related discussions
• Attend and sometimes facilitate meetings between community protection committee and security forces
• Develop relevant reports from training delivery and outcomes for internal reports and donor reporting.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum B.Sc in relevant field is essential with 3 to 7 years of experience in training
• Computer literacy in MS Word is required.
• Work experience with an internationally-funded project and/or government organization is highly desirable.
• Great Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and/or Shuwa-Arabic is highly essential.
• Ability to reside/travel frequently within the activity locations
• LGAs to be identified within Borno State
Apply at: https://civiliansinconflict.org/join-our-team/co/africa/E7.11C/training-associate/all/