|Organization Name||:||Asian University for Women (AUW)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Position: Procurement Manager (campus project)
Unit: Operational Services
Reports to: Functional reporting line to Chief Finance Officer for Campus Project
Head of Procurement for day-to-day line management
Start Date: Available immediately
Job Location: Chittagong
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Asian University for Women (AUW) is an international university for women based in Chittagong, Bangladesh. AUW plans to build, in phases, a modern liberal arts and sciences campus for, ultimately, 5,000 students in accordance with a master plan. AUW expects funding from multilateral and other sources for the construction of Phase I of the campus.
Phase I will consist of:
• Limited Feasibility Study (MSA);
• Masterplan or Masterplan Update;
• Campus Center;
• Access Academy and Pathways for Promise;
• Student & Faculty Housing;
• Faculty Club;
• Student Athletics Center;
• Perimeter Wall.
AUW is seeking a Procurement Manager, who will have several main functions:
• To manage procurement activities related to the Campus Project and related projects.
• To serve as a member of the Campus Project Team
• To develop procurement policies and procedures, plans and KPIs for AUW, in line with international standards of good practice, and in support of the Procurement Department.
The post will initially be available for three years (full time or part-time?)
• Establish an international standard procurement policy and procurement strategy for the University;
• Create and implement Key Performance Indicators for university procurement:
• Prepare an annual procurement plan in line budget and forecast procurement need and monthly procurement processing schedules;
• Obtain approval of the procurement plan from the competent authority; in connection with the Head of Department.
• Provide varying procurement time frames to meet departmental needs:
• Develop departmental expertise to support growth for new projects:
• Monitor macro trends in the supplier and contract base and implement plans to react:
• Establish relationships with key suppliers and customers:
• Lead the procurement group in all phases with regard to identified projects:
• Prepare a list of interested/prospective vendors for management approval:
• Physically check the status of the vendor for vendor assessment and confirm the consent of the vendor on enlistment:
• Carry out enlistment of Vendors as per provisions in the Government’s Public Procurement Act 2006 (PPA) or other stricter relevant guidelines;
• Provide orientation to the vendors about the procurement procedure of PPA and The World Bank’s Procurement and Consultant Guidelines (PG/CG);
• Prepare agreements with vendors to supply goods & services as per PPA and PG/CG; and
• Contribute to professional training opportunities for the Procurement Department.
(II) Purchasing Function
• Order materials and services as per contracted and appropriately approved. review quotations when procuring using Request for Quotation method or National Shopping;
• Appropriate record-keeping as per provisions of PPA and The associated Public Procurement Rules 2008 (PPR);
• Track procurement activity and measurements;
• Train staff involved in purchasing in co-operation with the Head of Procurement.
• Apply contractual remedies in case of receipt of defective goods or civil works including liquidated damages, replacement warranty, additional performance security etc;
• Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety;
• Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships;
• Assist the Procurement Department to develop purchasing strategy
• For procurement outside PPA and PG/CG (not funded from GoB support or any project funded from The World Bank), take responsibility for timely and effective corporate procurement including planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment, while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications:
• Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-graduate qualification (Master’s or equivalent experience) in engineering, procurement, commerce, finance, business, management, law or suitable equivalency:
• 6-10 years’ relevant contract and procurement experience. International experience will be given preference;
• Good negotiation and communication skills in both English and Bangla:
• Good report-writing skills:
• Working experience in international and cross functional project teams is considered as a strong asset:.
• Team player, self driven, taking initiative, enthusiastic:
• Analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently;.
• Ability to work under pressure:.
• Willingness to travel in the designated area.
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description and two references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to Mr. Rafiqul Haque, Assistant Director of HR & Services through E-mail: at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: hrd(at)auw.edu.bd