|Location||:||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Open Position: Accounting Officer
Starting date: Immediate
Location: IsraAID Headquarters, Tel Aviv
IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian aid agency dedicated to supporting populations in crisis around the world. Currently operating in 15 countries around the world, the organization’s headquarters is based in Tel Aviv.
IsraAID’s HQ leads the organization’s worldwide activity it is also responsible for providing oversight, guidance and support to the different projects.
The Accounting Officer role is an exciting opportunity to play a major role in the leading humanitarian aid organization in Israel, and a rising player internationally in the development sector.
Main scope of work:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the Accounting Officer is responsible for payment and accounting processes, and maintaining records of liabilities, revenue and expenditure, and other financial activities. The Accounting Officer supports the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget, accounting standards and IsraAID’s financial management rules and workplan.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations
• Preparing journal entries, monthly closing and financial reports
• Preparing account/bank reconciliations
• Managing organizational staff credit cards and travel reports
• Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools, taking a key role in the o accounting system migration project
• Being a key point of contact for other departments on accounting matter.
• Review financial and accounting procedures and make appropriate changes
• Assist with audits
• Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial o statementso
Cash and Transaction Management
The Accounting Officer supports financial activity of the organization on a day-to-day basis,
• Ensure timely payment of existing financial obligations
• Process payroll in a timely manner
• Process card uploads, withdrawals, bank transfers etc.
• Maintain the petty cash fund
• Manage cash controls as well as maintain bookkeeping up to date
• Issue invoices and receipts to donors and other stakeholders
• Being a key point of contact for beneficiaries and financial institutes on payment
• Support in development of streamlined templates and forms for internal and external financial documents
• Support the communications with the financial institutions, governmental offices, accountants and other relevant parties
• Accountant type 2 or more
• At least 2 years’ experience in accounting, ideally in the international nonprofit sector Intermediate or higher working level of Excel
• Experienced in working in a multi currency accounting system and environment
• Able to multi-task
• Highly detail-oriented and organized
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
• Able to work independently and with a team
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new efficiencies, and creating systems
Required: fluent English and Hebrew
To apply: Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only relevant applications will be considered.
Job Email id: hr(at)israaid.org