|Organization Name||:||International Hydropower Association (IHA)|
|Location||:||Sutton, Greater London, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Remuneration: Highly competitive, depending on experience
Hours per week: 37.5 (Monday to Friday)
Location: Sutton, Greater London, with occasional international travel
Closing date for applications: 20 August 2019
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is a non-profit membership organisation which works with its members and partners to build and share knowledge on hydropower’s role in renewable energy systems, responsible freshwater management and climate change solutions. Our membership includes more than 100 organisations, as well as individual members, who share our vision to deliver water and energy services to all in a sustainable way.
IHA is collaborating with partners on a four year EU-funded Horizon 2020 research project to demonstrate hydropower’s role in building a low carbon and climate resilient energy system. The Hydropower Extending Power System Flexibility (XFLEX) project will examine how innovative hydroelectric technologies can provide flexibility, efficiency and grid balancing services, and support the integration of non-dispatchable renewable energy sources in the European power system. It will demonstrate solutions and deliver a roadmap for system integration relevant to all kinds of hydropower plants.
The Communications Project Manager will manage communications and dissemination activities for the Hydropower Extending Power System Flexibility project. He or she will report to IHA’s Head of Communications and work closely with colleagues in the Communications Team.
• Developing a communication and dissemination strategy in close collaboration with project partners and stakeholders.
• Delivering project communications and disseminating technical knowledge with target audiences, including industry, media, academia and policy-makers.
• Managing project budget and expenditure and monitoring the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
• Creating compelling communications products and publishing reports which demonstrate and showcase project progress and outcomes.
• Delivering a programme of events, including conferences, virtual webinars, and roadshow visits.
• Managing the production of promotional multimedia products including infographics and other audiovisual material, briefing and managing suppliers.
• Defining and championing the project brand identity, implementing and sharing brand guidelines, marketing and communication toolkits.
• Leading on the development of a new project website and online knowledge hub, and managing email marketing and social media channels.
• Supporting project partners by providing advice and guidance and reviewing and editing communications materials.
• Undertaking stakeholder surveys and regularly monitoring and reporting on project progress.
• Working collaboratively with members of IHA’s Communications Team, Sustainability Team, and Knowledge Building Team.
Essential skills and attributes
• At least three years of experience in a senior communications position.
• Demonstrable experience of communicating about science, energy or technology.
• Experience of developing and delivering integrated communications projects across the full communications spectrum.
• Excellent project management and organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrable experience of working as an editor or senior writer.
• High attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high standards.
• Experience of commissioning and managing external agencies and suppliers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
• Proven ability to work as a team member.
• Demonstrated international awareness and ability to work across cultures.
Desirable skills and attributes
• Experience of delivering communications for European research or other donor funded projects.
• Experience of communicating about electrical power systems.
• Proficiency in European languages, in particular French and/or Portuguese.
• Experience of managing web development projects and digital marketing.
• Experience of using web content management systems.
Candidates should send their CV and a formal letter explaining their interest and how their skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm eligibility to work in the UK. These documents should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Communications Project Manager application’.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)hydropower.org