|Malteser International (MI)
|New York, United States
|05 Dec 2023, 04:07 pm
|29 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International Americas (MIA) has been operational in the USA, Latin America & the Caribbean since 2014 and is currently implementing projects in the fields of Health, Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Sustainable Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaption in Colombia, Haiti, Peru, Mexico and the USA. Malteser International sees health as a holistic state of full physical, mental and social wellbeing connected to water, sanitation and hygiene; food and nutrition security; shelter, and environmental health. Since 2018, Malteser International Americas has expanded its medical aid activities in Colombia as a response to the increasing influx of refugees from crisis-ridden Venezuela. Livelihood and Income Generation are of increasing importance for sustainable integration and development.
To provide financial and operations management support to one or more U.S. government-funded projects, MIA is looking for a motivated Program Operations Manager.
As the Program Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and U.S. government rules and regulations related to finance and administration, monitoring financial and operational management of assigned projects, and providing guidance and capacity building to project teams.
• Provide guidance to project teams and partners on U.S. government regulations and organizational policies
• Ensure efficient and audit-proof financial and administrative processes and documentation
• Monitor budget spending and ensure liquidity of the assigned projects
• Coordinate with Human Resources related to the administrative management of international project staff including donor approval requirements
• Manage the financial and administrative start-up and close-out of projects on the headquarters level; travel to project locations to provide in-country support as needed
• Develop and update tools, templates, and manuals for program administration in line with organizational guidelines and donor rules and regulations
• Ensure that internal control mechanisms are in place in the assigned projects, including fraud-prevention, functional feedback and response mechanisms, and PSEAH
• Minimum 2 years' experience providing finance and operations management support for humanitarian assistance and/or development programs on the headquarters level; both junior and senior candidates are encouraged to apply
• Prior experience supporting US government-funded awards is required, preferably including Department of State/PRM and USAID/BHA funding experience
• Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is required
• Experience managing sub-awards and improving partner capacity is preferred
• Professional experience overseas is preferred, ideally in Latin America
• Experience with PSEAH and fraud prevention is an asset
• Fluency in English is required, solid Spanish communication skills preferred
What we offer:
• A highly motivated and dedicated team
• Duty Station: New York
• Hybrid work environment
• Health insurance employer contribution
• 20 Paid Time Off days per year, 11 Paid Holidays per year
• 401k with the first 5% matched by employer
• Starting date as soon as possible, preferably December 2023
• Salary range of $65-75,000, salary commensurate with experience
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Malteser International is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Malteser International conducts reference and background checks for all staff (including criminal records check for specific roles). Any candidate offered a job with Malteser International will be expected to sign MI’s Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please click here.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas, and three professional references) online at our job portal until December 29, 2023.
Apply at: https://jobs.malteser-international.org/de/job-offer-list/job-detail/Program-Operations-Manager-453.html