|Islamic Relief France
|West Bank, Palestinian Territory
|01 Dec 2023, 05:29 am
|15 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
Created in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an international non-governmental relief and development organization (NGO). SIF acts in strict neutrality, without distinction of origin, gender or religion, and is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the world's most deprived populations.
Based in Ramallah**,** the Head of Mission provides the overall leadership and strategic direction and coordination of SIF operations in Palestine, including Gaza and West bank territories.
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
• Coordinate and manage the overall planning and direction of SIF's operations in Palestine
• Develop and maintain SIF's emergency activities and oversee the scale up of the emergency response
• Supervise the implementation of all aspects of the Palestinian programs, and review and suggest amendments when necessary
• Manage external communications in collaboration with the HQs communications department. Act as the contact person with press and media
• Interpret, develop and apply SIF’s HR policies and terms and conditions, national employment law, consistently and effectively
• Ensure that appropriate logistic structures and procedures are established and / or are maintained in accordance with the SIF guidelines
• Ensure that appropriate administrative and financial guidelines and procedures are established regularly, maintained / updated and adhered to by the team as well as any basic systems required in country
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS :
• Minimum 5 years of Previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
• Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
• Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
• Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
• Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic)
• Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
KNOW-HOW / SOFT SKILLS :
• Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
• Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
• An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
• Familiarity with the Palestine working context
6 months, full time, renewable
Contract start date: ASAP
Remuneration according to profile
Per diem, guesthouse
Health insurance - 60% covered by SIF
Repatriation/liability insurance - 100% covered by SIF
Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
Airfare to and from the mission location to home - paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months
SIF's commitment :
At SIF, we consider diversity to be an asset. We therefore consider all applications corresponding to the skills required for the position to be filled.
SIF reserves the right to carry out criminal record checks in accordance with current legislation.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures that the safety of children is a primary consideration in all its activities.
SIF has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or violence of any kind whatsoever, and more generally any breach of legislation, regulations or its code of conduct.
It mobilizes all its staff in the promotion, dissemination and respect of the principles laid down in its charter.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and support our commitments?
Join our chain of solidarity by applying for this job vacancy.
How to apply