|World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
|01 Dec 2023, 05:18 am
|21 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
Communications Officer – Animal Health Data
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Director General and the direct supervision of the Head of the Communication Department, and in close cooperation with other colleagues in the Department and the technical teams involved. He/She will have a dotted-line reporting to the Communications Manager – Content and Campaigns.
As the unique Organisation mandated to report on and monitor the global animal disease situation, the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) is a trusted data reference for animal health monitoring as well as the go-to source for animal health situation trends. The Communications Officer – Animal Health Data plays a critical role in strategically integrating data in WOAH’s corporate communication and public advocacy work. to support WOAH’s transition towards a more data-centric approach.
The Communications Officer will raise awareness of various tools and data-sets with public and specialised audiences. He/She will achieve this by using primarily digital communications, such as social media, videos, explainers, infographics, articles, tools, and ‘reportages’, on primary projects producing data spotlighting the status of the animal health situation in various contexts. Each communication product will be targeted to an appropriate audience set, including Veterinary Services (or other animal health professionals), the media and segments of the general public, the scientific community as well as other experts.
Missions and activities
Develop communications for data-related projects (WAHIS, PVS, Observatory)
– Raise awareness of WOAH various animal health data-sets with public and technical audiences, while also expanding the animal health information available to countries and stakeholders through Regional Communication Officers;
– Develop a suite of tools to support communication and public advocacyobjectives of animal health data available through different platforms such as the World Animal Health Information System (WAHIS), the Observatory and the performance of veterinary services at the country level (PVS):
– Liaise with different departments and teams to identify their initiatives and activities around data.
Ensure the effective dissemination of communication products
– Liaise with all members of the Communication Department to ensure the correct outreach and dissemination of the communication products;
– Ensure the messages are developed for key stakeholders, in line with the outreach approach;
– Expand internal and external collaboration efforts to broaden reach of science-based and data-driven communication efforts;
– Contribute to identify and build relationships with key media to support the key messages distribution towards target audiences;
– Coordinate media trainings for WOAH staff on working with media to showcase data from data-centric projects (WAHIS, PVS, Observatory).
Oversee the development of material by external providers
– Develop terms of reference and technical specifications for communication consultants/agencies, in line with the expected goals and available budget;
– Contribute to the selection and contracting of external suppliers;
– Define overall project schedule, expected delivery deadlines and milestones:
– Coordinate the technical work of the supplier;
– Ensure budget forecasting, expenditure tracking and progress monitoring. Ensure compliance with deadlines and quality of deliverables;
Provide punctual support to the Communication Department on other topics if requested by the Head of Department and/or the Communications Manager – Content and Campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience
– A postgraduate degree or diploma in communications and/or international relations.
– Eperience of working with international organisations on animal and/or public health and scientific topics is highly desirable.
– Approximately, three years of working experience, including working on development and strategic outreach and. of multimedia content, based on data and scientifically complex information.
– Experience of working in an international organisation or environment.
– Strong project management skills;
– Excellent command of English, both written and oral;
– Working knowledge of a second WOAH language (French, Spanish) is highly desirable.
– Excellent strategic, writing and editing skills.
– Significant experience with the use of MS Office.
– Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relations and the ability to develop synergies and partnerships with key stakeholders, including the media.
– Demonstrated ability to be highly organised, independent, and a diplomatically versed professional.
– Ability to be thorough and show attention to detail.
– Capacity to work with multiple team members in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
– Contract duration: 2-year renewable
– Location: WOAH Headquarters at 12 rue de Prony 75017 Paris, France
– Salary (exempt from French income tax): From 2.500 € net per month commensurate with qualifications and experience
– Optional additional health cover: 50% paid by WOAH – 28 days’ annual leave + 10 public holidays
– Work from home: up to 3 days a week
– International, multicultural and enriching environment This post requires flexibility to travel internationally and long hours in a seated position at a computer.
WOAH places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
WOAH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs. If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 21 December 2023 at the latest by clicking on the link below:
Job Email id: jobs(at)woah.org