|International Advisory, Products and Systems (iAPS)
|01 Dec 2023, 05:11 am
|21 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Sudanese Nationals, particularly those with prior experience in South Kordofan and Blue Nile States are highly encouraged to apply.
About i-APS. International Advisory, Products and Systems Ltd. (i-APS) is a U.S. woman owned and managed, small business consulting firm that helps organizations measure, adapt, and deliver through a proven, people-first approach. We leverage global expertise with local presence to transform organizations and communities into partners for change.
Since 2012, i-APS has implemented contracts in over 26 countries, focusing on monitoring and evaluation, third-party monitoring, leadership and organizational development, and technology development. i-APS is legally registered and operating in Sudan. For more information, please visit our website at www.i-aps.com.
Project Summary: i-APS is recruiting senior positions for the expected USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) 3-to-5-year Sudan Monitoring Project (SMP). The purpose of the SMP is to provide third-party monitoring and evaluation services for United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) funded humanitarian program activities in Sudan. These services will prioritize monitoring, verifying, and analyzing trends in programs implemented in the regions of South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
Position description: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist must lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects of this project.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist provides technical guidance and leadership on technical aspects of the SMP project. This includes guidance and quality assurance on development of qualitative and quantitative tools for monitoring, data analysis plans, report templates and review of monthly/quarterly and annual reports. Position is responsible for developing and overseeing training materials for all field data collection teams. Position supports analysis and integration of learning across all contractual deliverables.
Requirement: Candidate must be willing to relocate either to Nairobi Kenya or Cairo Egypt.
• Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, transition, or development field. International experience is a plus, but not required.
• Must have at least 7 years’ experience designing monitoring and verification systems or other rigorous qualitative and quantitative research designs. This includes monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, third-party monitoring, or evaluations.
• Must have prior experience and strong expertise in design of data collection tools and data analysis strategies; statistical experience is preferred.
• The ideal candidate has previous experience managing national staff and teams.
• The ideal candidate has prior experience working on USAID-funded projects and is familiar with donor landscape (USAID, BHA, humanitarian setting in Sudan).
• At a minimum, must possess an advanced professional language proficiency level in English; Arabic language is a plus.
1. Previous experience working with BHA Implementing Partners is a plus.
2. Familiarity with BHA funded programs in Sudan is highly desirable, particularly in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
3. Previous experience working on programs implemented in Sudan is desirable.
4. Prior experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation, or third-party monitoring, particularly on sectors related to food security, protection, WASH, education and health.
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred. Degree must be in international affairs, social science, statistics, or a related field.
How to apply
Apply by December 21, 2023. If you are interested and meet the qualifications criteria, please send your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Senior MEL Expert Sudan
In the body of the e-mail please include a cover letter with your full name, expertise and work experience relevant to this assignment.
i-APS is an equal-opportunity employer.
Job Email id: jobs(at)i-aps.com