|Organization Name||:||International Youth Foundation (IYF)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Sep 2023, 05:30 am|
|Closing Date||:||16 Oct 2023, 12:00 am|
POSITION TITLE: Senior Proposal Writer
SUPERVISOR: Business Development Director
LOCATION: This position is fully remote, and IYF will consider remote candidates based in the following states: Colorado, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Washington, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Candidates in other states or outside the USA will not be considered.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For over thirty years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, and multilateral partners, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that educated, employed, engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our?youth development?efforts on three linked objectives:?unlocking agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. Our vision is to see young people inspired and equipped to realize the future they want. The International Youth Foundation: Transforming Lives, Together. For more information please consult https://iyfglobal.org/
This new position will help secure resources to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, this position contributes to positioning for and pursuit of funding opportunities, and generation of innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position sits within the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Business Development (BD) team focused on US Government (USG) and other public donor institutions and will spend ~70% of their time working on funding opportunities for these funders. The Senior Proposal Writer will also work closely with the Corporate and Foundation Partnerships team, spending ~30% of their time on private funding opportunities.
• Support IYF’s strategy to deliver on the organization’s revenue generation goal by serving as lead and/or contributing writer on project proposals (top priority) and, time permitting, other written materials used to market and document IYF’s assets and capabilities, such as capacity statements, PPRs, fact sheets, and technical briefs.
• For BD opportunities they are assigned to write:
1. During pre-positioning, lead and participate in capture activities such as developing tailored capacity statements and pre-design meetings.
2. During proposal development, serve as lead or contributing writer. In collaboration with the Design Lead, Technical Contributors, Proposal Facilitator, Proposal Director, and other proposal team members, participate in design work, develop outlines, gather technical content from IYF staff and partners, write proposal sections, revise drafts based on reviewer feedback, unify voice across proposal sections, and produce final products that are compliant, responsive, compelling, and distinguish IYF as an implementing partner of choice.
3. Upon receipt of donor questions, lead or support development of responses and/or revision of proposal sections to address donor concerns.
• For BD opportunities written by others:
1. Serve as a reviewer to ensure strong, clear communication of IYF approaches and assets and compliance with donor requirements.
• For institutional capacity and communications products
1. Work with the BD Officer to develop, manage and maintain a library of capacity statements and PPRs. Develop tailored materials for specific BD opportunities as needed.
2. Work closely with the marketing/communications, technical, and program teams to support development and maintenance of polished communications products that are useful in marking IYF (e.g., fact sheets, technical briefs).
• For BD process tools:
1. Lead and participate in the development of BD processes and tools, including roll-out, training, and internal capacity strengthening.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Track record of writing winning proposals and producing well-written, succinct technical documentation to support BD efforts.
• Strong knowledge of USG, other public donor institutions, and corporate and foundation funder programming and procurement processes.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a multicultural, international, cross-functional team environment.
• Experience in representing an organization externally with senior-level officials and partner and donor staff.
• Strong time management and organization skills, with ability to independently schedule and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, or a related field is required. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in proposal development, including at least 2 years where technical writing was one of the core functions of their personal role.
• Spoken and written fluency in English required. Professional proficiency or higher in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
• Experience or knowledge of youth development, positive youth development (PYD), education, civic engagement, and/or economic development in the international development context is a plus.
• Willingness to travel to support capture and proposal development efforts, sometimes on short notice, up to 20% time
JOB LEVEL: Manager
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Apply at: https://iyfglobal.bamboohr.com/careers/29