|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty|
|Location||:||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||31 May 2023, 05:49 am|
|Closing Date||:||29 Jun 2023, 12:00 am|
RFE/RL is looking for a Bureau IT Specialist who will provide, under the supervision of the Bureau IT Manager, effective and efficient IT support, and services to staff in RFE/RL bureaus and remote locations through understanding their current and future needs and supporting to achieve them through coordinating and executing various IT activities in the bureaus.
• Contributes to ensuring that the bureaus are effectively equipped and run to meet the current and future IT operational needs of RFE/RL.
• Assists in the performance and supervision of daily IT operations of the bureaus.
• Deals with daily IT support, supervises, and escalates the service tickets.
• If needed, performs user and systems administration support, incl. resolving HW & SW issues.
• Maintains accurate and complete bureau IT asset management database.
• Updates contracts, requests, and processes new quotes for IT equipment in the bureaus.
• Together with the Bureau IT Manager, prepares roadmaps and replacement plans.
• Provides project management support for various IT projects in the bureaus, prepares reports and charts regarding the bureau IT projects, keeps track of projects and requests in the bureaus.
• Assists in developing and ensuring successful implementation and compliance with the standard operating procedures and safety regulations and uses the industry best practices when performing duties and tasks assigned.
• Works closely with the bureaus to promote and implement standard workflows and IT systems.
• Adheres to and complies with all technology standards, policies, and regulations as outlined by Operations Division in Prague.
• Contributes to creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
• Performs other related duties, incl. supporting any other technology used in the bureaus (VPN, NAS, TeamViewer, etc.), as assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Preferably a bachelor’s degree in IT, or relevant professional experience.
• PRINCE2, ITIL or COBIT certification is an advantage.
• Prior experience with providing IT support (HW, SW, ticketing systems).
• Particularly good the end-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Previous experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS is plus.
• Experience with ERP systems like Peoplesoft is plus.
• Project Management experience - desirable but not required.
• Organizational skills.
• Team player with ability to work independently.
• Ability to learn modern technologies.
• Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way.
• Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
• Willingness to occasionally travel to bureaus in RFE/RLs broadcast region.
• Russian (Desirable but not required)
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Apply at: https://apply.teamio.com/public/respond?vacancy=1622878829&rps=202
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.