|Location||:||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Mar 2023, 05:36 am|
|Closing Date||:||14 Apr 2023, 12:00 am|
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Program Description:
TechnoServe collaborates with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), a non-profit organization that aggregates and links the corporate volunteer expertise of leading food companies - General Mills, Cargill, Buhler, DSM, Hershey, Ardent Mills and Smucker’s - with promising food industry entrepreneurs in Africa.
Under the USAID-funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Project, TechnoServe works alongside PFS to engage local food companies, identify their growth challenges, and link them with volunteer experts from PFS corporate partners. The project will build the efficiency and inclusiveness of food processors, improving production and profitability, increasing linkages with smallholder farmers, and growing distribution channels to better reach Base of the Pyramid (BoP) markets.
III. Position Description:
The Market Linkages Specialist will organize and Facilitate B2B forum for high end market linkages; Create access to nutritious product for BOP market consumers particularly the industry laborers; support the access to finance training organization; and support AINFP clients with customized assistance.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Organize and Facilitate B2B forum for high end market linkages
• Identify/ map and keep profile of potential high end market buyers that can source from local food processors’
• Identify/map and keep profile of at list 20 potential food processors that seek and are able to supply to high-end market
• Prepare detailed plan how to conduct it and Agenda for the event
• Prepare TOR and Budget for the B2B forum, and get approval
• Engage Pertinent government stakeholders and associations
• Take a lead on planning and arranging the necessary logistics
• Identification and mobilization of innovative distribution channels/ technology based marketing platforms.
• Make sure the participation of the processors, high-end market buyers, Tech based marketing platform owners/administrators and government stakeholders in the event.
• Develop contractual agreement template with the pertinent government stakeholders pre event
• Assist in contracts development between buyers and processors and creating at list 7 linkages in the event with contractual agreement signed as evidence.
Low Income / Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) Markets:
Access to FMCG to industry laborers
• Map and keep profile of textile industry labor associations
• Identifying the demands of fast moving consumable goods
• Mapping of potential food processors which can supply these consumable goods
• Organize and facilitate negotiation/ discussion platforms for the processors and the labor associations
• Facilitate at list three Market linkages between processors and labor associations with contractual agreement signed as evidence.
Customized Technical assistance
• Provide Market and business related assistance at list for three clients by identifying each client gaps and chartering projects.
• Work on at list three chartered projects and find a solution in collaboration with PFS volunteers.
• Document each project process and result, and hand it to each client respectively
Support the facilitation Access to Finance training
• Support the team with logistic arrangement for the A2F training (Hotel booking, listing the necessary stationary materials for the training, collaborate with procurement tram to making sure all the materials purchase and delivery at the training room)
• Invite Owners and Finance managers from 30 companies in AINFP program for the A2F training
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
• Produce a report document about achievement, the process and document the learning on the High-end market B2B forum, and BOP market linkages between processors and Industry labor association.
IV. Expected Deliverables
• Final document with profile of potential high end market buyers who source from local food
• processors’ delivered.
• Final document with profile of 20 potential food processors who seek and are able to supply to
• high end market delivered.
• Deliver detailed plan and agenda for the B2B forum/event
• Approved TOR and Budget for the B2B forum
• Organize the B2B forum as per the guidance from the Interim Program Manager
• innovative distribution channels/ technology based marketing platforms are identified & mobilized.
• 7 linkages are created in the B2B event and contractual agreements are signed with them
• Developed profile of textile industry labor associations.
• Mapping of potential food processors who can supply fast moving consumable goods are
• Organize and facilitate at least 3 negotiation/discussion platforms for the food processors who
• can supply fast moving consumable goods and the labor associations.
• Facilitate and deliver contractual agreement between food processors who can supply fast
• moving consumable goods and labor associations.
• Deliver weekly report on clients gaps identified and market and business related
• assistances/support given to at list for three clients.
• Deliver weekly report on support given to at least three chartered projects.
• All logistic arrangement for the A2F training done as per the Interim Program Manager guidance.
• Owners and Finance managers from 30 companies in AINFP program are invited for the A2F
• Deliver final report about achievement, the process and the learning on the High-end market B2B
• forum, and BOP market linkages between processors and Industry labor association.
V. Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience; Master’s degree with 1 year of experience in
• Economics, Business Management, Marketing, or related area, or equivalent experience in food
• market systems, including experience working in the private sector. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Proven experience working with BOP and High-End Markets
• Demonstrated understanding of gender issues in agriculture or market systems.
• Experience with agricultural commodities/product pricing and contract structures preferred.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills and good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint).
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
• Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
• Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
• Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
• Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
• Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
• Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
• Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
• Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
• Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
• Financial & Resource Management: The ability to estimate, justify, and manage appropriate funding levels to support goal accomplishment. Managing Resources is about understanding human, financial, and operational resource issues to make decisions aimed at building and planning efficient project workflows, and at improving overall organizational performance.
• Donor/Partnership Management: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
• Analysis, Research, Report Writing: Experience in business planning and analysis, modeling for feasibility and execution. Able to analyze and express oneself clearly in business writing.
• Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, and sees change as an opportunity.
Apply at: https://bit.ly/3YLrvyF