|Organization Name||:||Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA)|
|Location||:||Remote in Asia, Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||01 Dec 2022, 12:23 am|
|Closing Date||:||29 Dec 2022, 12:00 am|
Position: Finance Officer (G2-2)
Location: Remote in Asia
As soon as possible
• 2-year contract with the possibility of renewal (subject to availability of budget, a three-month probationary period at the beginning of the contract, and a satisfactory performance assessment)
Salary & Benefits
• A competitive salary in local currency from US$ 28,665 gross per annum (including 13th month salary) Health Insurance
Closing date: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
Interview Dates: Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis
About the Organisation
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) is a network of 82 member organisations across 23 countries, mainly in Asia. Founded in 1991, FORUM-ASIA works to strengthen movements for human rights and sustainable development through research, advocacy, capacity development and solidarity actions in Asia and beyond. It has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, and consultative relationship with the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights. The FORUM-ASIA Secretariat is based in Bangkok, with offices in Jakarta, Geneva and Kathmandu.
FORUM-ASIA is committed to building a peaceful, just, equitable and sustainable community of peoples and societies in Asia, where all human rights of all individuals, groups and peoples, without discrimination on any grounds, are fully realised in accordance with international human rights standards and norms. It does so by:
• Building the capacity of its members and partners
• Bringing together activists and stakeholders to tackle human rights issues
• Protecting human rights defenders in Asia that find themselves in emergency situations
• Advocating for human rights at the national, regional, and international level
Tasks and Activities of the Finance Officer
The Finance Programme oversees the financial resources of FORUM-ASIA and is in charge of the planning, organising, financial reporting to donors, auditing, and accounting of FORUM-ASIA’s finances. The Finance officer will be working under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager with the following tasks and deliverables:
• Ensure compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to the financial rules of FORUM-ASIA (main work)
• Bookkeeping for all finance transaction of both offices (main work)
• Participate in the reconciliation of cash books and justification for any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis
• Preparation of financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports. To ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into FORUM-ASIA’s accounting software
• Assist the Finance Manager and the Donor Reporting Finance Officer in compilation, review and onwards submission of the financial report to the donor
• Assist the Finance Manager and the Donor Reporting Finance Officer in producing monthly or quarterly reports on expenditure against consolidated annual budget, based on submitted quarterly or bi-annual donor reports and data on the accounts system, and to liaise with programmes to provide explanations of variances
• Assist the Finance Manager and the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Programme to ensure that financial reporting templates for all grants are set up in accordance with donor requirements, and to ensure consistency between the narrative and financial elements of reports to the donors
• Make sure all the records/accounts / financial transactions are booked before the audit commencement; and
• Assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Previous experiences with bookkeeping, and some donor reports aredesirable.
• Must be a team player and have an ability to work in a multi-cultural context
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Familiar with the accounting software (the QuickBooks) is preferred
• Thai national only
• Accuracy and an eye for detail
• Excellent communication and writing skills in English
• Ability to learn continuously and coordinate with different stakeholders.
Applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form and send it by email together with a self- introduction letter and two recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Finance Officer (G2-2) Application” in the subject line. The application process may include a written or practical assessment.
All qualified individuals regardless of age, race, colour, sex, gender orientation, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: applications(at)forumasia.org