|IMPACT - Civil Society Research and Development e.V
|Regional / Global
|25 Nov 2022, 04:02 am
|22 Dec 2022, 12:00 am
IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention are capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Within the framework of improving the legal environment for the work of organizations in north eastern Syria , The primary purpose of the assignment is to review the challenges facing local organizations and the recommendations that these organizations make for any attempt in this field.
This is done by presenting experiences from similar contexts in a plenary session for these organizations, followed later by sessions to discuss challenges and develop recommendations, so that a report is submitted based on these recommendations to be shared with the concerned authorities.
SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment is to contract an expert who has experienced the path of developing similar laws, in order to carry out two main tasks:
1- Presenting the experience of developing a law for the work of non-governmental organizations
2- Harvesting the results of the facilitation sessions that will be held and submitting a report based on them to develop the organizations’ work law in northeastern Syria.
Noting that Impact field team will facilitate all sessions, including the demonstration session.
Using interactive and participatory methodologies based on answering questions and integrating participants in discussion
Following deliverables are expected from the training provider:
• Expert will prepare the agenda/contents of the sessions and submit these at least one week before the start of the sessions.
• Expert will support the facilitator in the preparation of the sessions, follow up and action plan.
• After the completion of the sessions, the expert will share a comprehensive report on the agreed format within 10 days after the completion.
The sessions will be online over ZOOM platform .
This is a short-term assignment for individual experts for a period of 3 days. Tentatively this assignment will be in November 2022 (dates shall be confirmed).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The expert/consultant/resource person will:
• Sign with IMPACT a consultancy agreement and work as a resource person.
• Discuss and agree with IMPACT on the final sessions package, content and deliverables.
• Design an appropriate process of the sessions leading to the desired results.
• Propose on the most appropriate training methodology for effective delivery of the assignment.
• Device the tools required for each session.
• Satisfactorily facilitate the sessions and ensure active engagement of all the participants.
• Share relevant materials and provide any resource materials for further reading and reference by participants.
• Compile and submit a quality report (one soft copy).
The resource person/consultant should possess following qualifications and expertise:
• Certified Expert.
• An advanced degree in law is preferable. Post graduate qualification in law or related areas is a clear advantage.
• Traceable previous work, knowledge, experience and passion for work are a must.
• Excellent report writing and tool development skills are requirements for the development of the tools and policy.
• Strong communication, analytical and drafting skills
• Fluency in Arabic is mandatory.
Consultant/resource person/ firms are required to submit their technical and financial proposals the IMPACT HR department via the link: https://forms.gle/EYEwfio6R14igvTZ9
The technical proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
• A brief outline of recent experience and client references in carrying out assignments of similar nature (Max. 1 pages)
• Detailed description of how the consultant/firm understands and will respond to the ToR including time frame.
• Curriculum Vitae
The financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Euro for all the services to be provided and must follows the following:
• Summary of the total costs for the services proposed
• Any taxes applicable
PROPOSED PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
100% of the payment will be released to the expert after completing the assignment. the assignment.
How to apply
Kindly use the link: https://forms.gle/EYEwfio6R14igvTZ9
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.