|Organization Name||:||International Finance Corporation (IFC)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Nov 2022, 04:04 am|
|Closing Date||:||11 Dec 2022, 12:00 am|
Job #: req19824
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 11/24/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Private sector development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth.
IFC’s Creating Markets Advisory (CMA) Unit delivers on IFC’s capital increase commitments by providing a foundation for Regional, Industry and Upstream teams to increase private sector investment opportunities. CMA addresses “if-then” reform asks in IFC strategies, complementing World Bank efforts, while strengthening IFC's relationships with client countries in support of IFC 3.0. Specifically, the CMA team works proactively with governments and regulatory agencies to create effective and efficient market conditions, both at economy wide as well as industry/sector level, for increased private investments. Our global experience shows that challenges in the business environment and lack of the right enabling regulatory framework results in countries losing significant amounts of investment annually. The unit collaborates extensively with the public sector, private sector and other teams across the World Bank Group in the design and delivery of advisory services.
CMA currently operates across the South Asia region, with an active portfolio and pipeline in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
In this role, the selected candidate will play a key role in supporting the implementation of CMA’s projects and business development efforts primarily in Bangladesh with active business development support in other countries in the region on a needs basis.
He/she will work closely with existing IFC CMA team in Bangladesh, IFC Upstream, Advisory and Investments staff to support design and implementation of reforms that address bottlenecks faced by investors in IFC’s priority sectors, using a variety of WBG tools and offerings and build new business in line with the WBG/IFC country strategy, and support delivery of high quality Advisory engagements to the Government and the private sector primarily in Bangladesh. He/she will work closely with key stakeholders, especially the Country Manager, in supporting delivery of WBG/IFC country strategy and high-quality Advisory engagements.
The selected candidate will report directly to the CMA SA Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Support implementation of CMA’s projects in Bangladesh and support high quality of project supervision and completion documents and provide quality control over client deliverables;
• Draft deliverables that include analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance;
• Gather information from clients and project teams to monitor implementation of thematic area recommendations;
• Provide cross support to other projects and countries in South Asia on needs basis and facilitate complementarities between WB, other IFC departments and CMA;
• Support and co-lead CMA pipeline development and design of related project documents (D&S/CN) in close collaboration/jointly with relevant IFC CMA, industry/upstream teams in the area identified as IFC priorities in Bangladesh;
• In developing pipeline projects, collect and analyze client and market data to design solutions that will create markets, reform sectors, and improve firm performance;
• Develop CMA related project documents and collect and validate feedback from peers including industry, sector, product, and ES&G specialists as well as legal, M&E, and finance staff;
• Manage straightforward projects to ensure outcomes are achieved within set timeframes and budgets;
• Gather information from external sources on best practices, evolving trends and challenges, and emerging players that can be used to create new knowledge products;
• Lead straightforward engagements with clients, including manage client meetings;
• Work with more senior thematic specialists and project leads in CMA in reviewing project proposals to ensure that IFC’s mandate is adequately addressed and thematic solutions are well-designed to meet client needs;
• Provide technical support in designing materials for business development and thematic proposals for inclusion in straightforward projects that will include drafting other relevant project documents;
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the Manager.
• Master’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience. Related fields of education include business, finance, law or economics or an area of expertise specific to a sector, subject matter, or industry specialty. Relevant experience could include a proven track record in implementing projects with Government agencies, business consulting, or operational experience in a sector or technical or professional field in Bangladesh or broader South Asia region (considered a preference)
• Able to interact effectively with clients and stakeholders by acting professionally, responding to their requests and inquiries, delivering what is promised, and meeting deadlines.
• Capacity to build productive and mutually beneficial relationships and networks internally and externally to identify business opportunities and resolve issues.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively influence the perception and support of clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to organize workshops, training sessions, large disseminations, and events and provide administrative support on budgets, payments, and other required documentation.
• Ability to draft documents and reports that are concise, well-organized, and appropriately focused on the most critical points that are relevant to the target audience.
• Able to share valid opinions and new observations relevant to project outcomes with project leaders in a manner that is concise, cohesive and focused.
• Ability to tailor explanations of IFC’s value proposition to specific clients and share relevant information on industry practices.
• Understand and be able to apply basic project management concepts, standard tools, methodologies, and processes to ensure assigned projects achieve objectives within deadlines and budgets.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to review inputs from others including consultants and determine how to best package the information for client.
• operational experience in implementing advisory projects to support private sector development (with public or private sector organizations) will be considered as a plus.
• Able to provide analytical support to applied research on thematic issues and/or market opportunities.
• Able to pull together existing information aligned with research, conduct and summarize literature reviews, and prepare segments of research report.
• Demonstrates active listening skills by paying full attention and asking questions to clarify client and stakeholder needs and gather required information.
• General understanding of IFC operations and investment and advisory products and services considered as an advantage.
World Bank Group Core Competencies (https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O)
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Apply at: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=19824&site=1