|Organization Name||:||RET Germany e.V.|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||30 Sep 2022, 10:23 am|
|Closing Date||:||20 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
Since the RET founding in 2000, RET has worked in more than 34 countries, implementing more than 403 projects to help our program participants overcome multi-dimensional adversities. We have helped refugee adolescents and youth in refugee camps; we have assisted communities from Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean made vulnerable by displacement, violence, armed conflict, and disasters.
Providing multi-dimensional solutions and building the capacity of, particularly, youth and women has always been our core commitment. Today, RET is taking on a catalytic role in sustainable development to make our commitment a substantial reality and our impacts more durable.
As part of the global RET family, RET Germany e.V in partnership with GATE Lebanon (NGO) is implementing a development project in Baalbek-Hermel Governorate in Lebanon: Strengthening the resilience and peaceful coexistence of Lebanese and Syrian refugees through increased income generation in the agricultural and food production.
The project targets vulnerable Lebanese and Syrian refugee households and communities in rural areas of Baalbek-Hermel who experience poverty and food insecurity as they heavily depend on agriculture, which is insufficient to secure their livelihoods due to low productivity and profitability. The project is supporting (1) Lebanese fruit and fish farmers to increase their agricultural/aquacultural productivity and (2) Syrian and Lebanese farm workers to promote employment and livelihood opportunities. Youth and women will particularly be considered.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to generate comprehensive baseline information reflecting the project outcomes:
Outcome 1: The food security of farmers in Baalbek-Hermel has improved due to increased agricultural production
Outcome 2: The income generation of refugees and local population in Baalbek-Hermel has improved due to enhanced post-harvest and food processing practices
Outcome 3: Peaceful community relations between Lebanese and Syrian communities in Baalbek-Hermel have improved and marginalized groups are better integrated in the community
The analysis will inform the project team to support implementation partner and to understand and monitor the progress and results of their developmental interventions in the project region.
The Baseline analysis consultancy will be required to: 1) analyse quantitative and qualitative baseline data on households of the target villages and 2) present baseline data and findings in a series of comprehensive reporting deliverables. by analyzing the existing baseline raw data, the consultant will provide statistical information that will set benchmarks for the project’s activities and provide the overall direction based on the present provision of food security, livelihood and social cohesion activities of the project.
• To analyze baseline data that has been collected using KOBO toolbox;
• Participate in briefing and consultative meetings on the assignment in different locations of the project if needed.
• Evaluate the project log-frame in detail, and propose revisions to the proposed indicators where necessary, based on the findings of the baseline survey.
• Assess the overall design strategy and implementation approaches of the programme and propose methods of ensuring that the project is implemented in a relevant, effective, efficient and achieves maximum impact and complementarity with other actions.
• Analyse the baseline data (jointly with RET M&E officer). Relevant data analysis software such as KOBO and SPSS will be used.
• Debrief project management staff on the process and preliminary findings of the baseline survey analysis.
• Prepare and submit comprehensive, well-structured report of the baseline survey.
• To work with feedback from the analysing and reporting process as needed;
• Any other duties required by M&E officer in accordance with the baseline analysis assignment.
• An Inception Report prior to the commencement of the baseline study, explaining the detailed baseline design. The Inception Report shall be approved by RET Germany before the analysis begins.
• Debrief sessions and power-point presentations for the project’s implementation team.
• Comprehensive draft and final baseline reports.
• Soft copy of the database of the primary data analysed and used in the report.
• The draft and final reports should be submitted in soft copy to the RET Germany M&E Officer and Livelihood technical specialist within two weeks of completing analysis work. The consultant will submit the final report, 2 weeks after receiving consolidated comments from RET team. RET will approve the report if it meets organizational minimum standards. The report should not be more than 40 pages (excluding the annexes) and should contain relevant parts such as an executive summary, findings, lessons learnt, recommendations and annexes.
Location of the assignment
The consultant will be based in Beirut. Travel to the project implementation areas might be necessary after consultation with RET team. The following areas are where the project is implemented in the Baalbek-Hermel Governorate of Lebanon:
• Harbata, Labwe, Chaat
Number of required consultants
Only one individual consultant is required. Consultancy firms are welcome to apply.
Duration and Payment
Duration of the assignment is from 1 November 2022 to 30 December 2022. The Consultant is expected to dedicate approximately 20 working days for this assignment and to spend up to 60 working days on non - consecutive basis throughout the assignment. All deliverables shall be received and cleared by RET Germany. All reports shall be presented in English, in electronic version.
The amount paid to the Consultant shall be gross and inclusive of all associated costs such as Travel, social security, pension and income tax etc. Payments will be made upon submission and approval of deliverables above and certification by the RET Germany supervisor that the services have been satisfactorily completed.
Payment shall be effected only if all the deliverables in this ToRs are submitted to RET Germany within the timeframes stipulated in the ToRs and they are approved by the supervisor.
Without submission and approval of the deliverables, the Consultant shall not receive any payment even if s/he invests time for this assignment.
Consultancy fees are competitive. RET will evaluate offers technically and thereafter will compare offers based on best price.
Terms and Conditions of Service
• RET Germany will provide such necessary resources required for the successful execution of the assignment. If travel was necessary, this will include transport, security arrangements, accommodation, lodging, and any other relevant support requested by the consultant.
• If travel was necessary, RET Germany will cover the consultants’ local travel and accommodation during the field work in Lebanon.
• The consultant shall be responsible for his/her taxes and/or security implication because of the consultant being engaged in this piece of work.
• Graduate degree in statistics, social sciences, agriculture or relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
• Extensive experience in research including designing and conducting baseline surveys and assessments preferably in agriculture and/or social cohesion.
• Extensive understanding of the Lebanese context and agriculture sector in particular
• Fluent in both Arabic and English languages
• Excellent facilitation and report writing skills in English language.
• Knowledge and experience of using participatory methodologies in monitoring and evaluation in a developing country context.
• Computer literate in standard software applications; prior experience using KOBO is considered as an advantage,
• Proved knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools such as STATA and NVivo,
• Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
• Familiarity with previous work of similar nature will be an added advantage.
Evaluation of Applicants
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' qualifications and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the Consultant whose offer receives the highest score out of below defined technical and financial criteria. Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 50 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical evaluation: 70%
Financial Evaluation: 30%
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion. A suggested formula is as follows:
p = 30 (µ/z)
Using the following values:
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
An interview/written test may be used as part of the evaluation procedure.
How to apply
Please submit your resume in English until 20 October 2022 to email@example.com
All applications should also include the following:
• Cover letter that includes a brief explanation about the consultant with particular emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work (maximum 1 page)
• Technical proposal (maximum 5 pages). The technical proposal should include (i) understanding of ToRs and the task to be accomplished (iii) proposed methodology, and (iv) draft work/implementation plan.
• Financial Proposal (maximum 1 page)
Please indicate in the subject of your message: “Consultancy_Baseline Analysis”.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, we reserve the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged. We are not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)retgermany.org