|Organization Name||:||HELP - Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe e.V.|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Sep 2022, 04:50 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of the Procurement Officer for its Emergency assistance programme to ensure support of programme activities.
German organisation “Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” (Help) is active worldwide for 40 years. We are currently implementing different programmes in more than 25 countries (https://www.help-ev.de/en/about-us).
Since its inception in 1981, Help has been committed to providing people in need with prompt, sustainable and long-term aid, and support. Help strengthens survivability, improves living conditions, and increases the resilience of people in difficulty worldwide.
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Procurement Officer. The Procurement Officer will work under supervision of the Procurement Manager and will be responsible for the support of programme activities.
Location: Procurement Officer will be based in Kyiv.
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares plans for the purchase of supplies, services, and works.
• Organizes purchase of supplies, services, and works, following Help’s procurement procedures – conducts market research, drafts relevant documents, chooses suppliers.
• Assists Field Officers in creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
• Collects quotations and bids from the market.
• Prepares the required documentation of supplies and transactions.
• Reviews, compares, analyses, and approves products and services to be purchased.
• Maintains and updates supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Collects, archives, and regularly updates documents related to projects (contracts, offers, orders, annexes, delivery notes, reports).
• Assists in the maintenance of thorough procurement files.
• Assist the program and office staff with procurement activities.
• Reports to Procurement Manager and performs all assigned tasks individually and with minimum of instructions.
• University degree preferable (within finances, administration etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of English required.
• IT literacy.
• Minimum 2-year experience in procurement or related field.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, initiative, responsibility.
• Conflict resolution capability.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team.
• Ability to learn quickly and adjust to new assignments.
• Previous experience in civil/NGO sector, both local and international, with similar scope and type of work will be considered as an advantage.
Reporting and communication:
The Procurement Officer reports to the Procurement Manager according to the reporting procedure set by Help.
How to apply
Interested candidates, with the required qualifications, may submit their Curriculum Vitae in English to Help via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please indicate the vacancy title you are applying for in the subject line. Additional proofs (diploma, references, etc.) are not needed at this stage.
Only those candidates that are short listed for interviews will be notified.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job Email id: dmaldonado(at)help-ukraine.org.ua