|Organization Name||:||Justice In Motion|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Aug 2022, 04:52 am|
|Closing Date||:||03 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Human Resources Experience. This position requires a minimum of 2 - 4 years of work experience with increased responsibilities.
• Payroll Experience. A minimum of 2 years of processing payroll is required.
• Remote Work Experience. A successful candidate will have at least 2 years of fully remote work experience and thrives in a fully remote work environment.
• Recruiting Experience. A minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience, ranging from internships to full-time positions.
• Project/Task Management. This role regularly has several projects and uses simple tools to keep everything moving forward and to involve the right people at the right times
• Strong Computer Skills. Ideally, experience working in a Mac-based environment, with both Microsoft Office and Google Suites would be helpful. Familiarity with Asana or a related project management system is highly desirable. Must be comfortable
• learning new systems.
• Great Communicator. A service-oriented work style is imperative for our fully remote team.
• Is connected to our mission: Interest in social justice, migration, cross-cultural collaboration, or international work.
• Bilingual in Spanish. Highly desired to assist occasional needs to provide translation for HR-related correspondence.
The primary areas of responsibility include:
• Managing job postings, and supporting the application review process for staff and interns.
• Coordinate onboarding activities
• Provide administrative support for web based HR management system
• Facilitating recordkeeping and new hire paperwork
• Supporting payroll, benefits, and leave processes, as needed
Employee Development Support
• Coordinate employee training opportunities and processes.
Virtual Human Resources Support
• Facilitate day-to-day virtual office systems and functions.
• Will be responsible for the accuracy of virtual files.
• Day-to-day support of HR processes and systems.
Project Management Assistance
• Assist with HR projects as related to JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) and organizational culture project
• Employee Events both virtual and in-person.
• Check P.O. Box for mail in a Brooklyn location, once a week
• Responsible for weekly bank deposits
• Occasional review of JiM storage location for item equipment needs.offboarding employee
• Coordination with JiM IT help desk for onboarding and
• Additional administrative support as needed.
Justice in Motion protects migrant rights by ensuring justice across borders.
In the face of overwhelming legal and practical barriers, many migrants who have suffered exploitation or abuse at the hands of employers or government officials give up their rights after leaving the United States. Other migrants who flee abuse, violence, and persecution are unable to remain in safety due to lack of evidence to support their claims.
These migrants need “portable justice” - the right and ability to access justice across borders. Justice in Motion is dedicated to ensuring portable justice through legal, educational, and policy initiatives in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Central America. Essential to this transnational model is our Defender Network, a unique partnership of on-the-ground human rights organizations in Mexico and Central America. Justice in Motion makes sure that wherever migrants go, their rights will follow.
The Position: We are seeking an experienced HR professional to support our Director of Culture and HR and provide administrative support to meet the needs of Justice in Motion employees.
The HR Associate is a great opportunity for someone who loves wearing multiple hats, who thrives in supporting others and has phenomenal organizational skills.
Details: This is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Director of Culture and Human Resources. This role begins as soon as possible. This is a union position and will be covered by Justice in Motion’s collective bargaining agreement.
Location and Travel: Justice in Motion is a U.S.-based, remote organization, and this position is required to be located in close proximity to Brooklyn, NY for ops support.
When safe to do so, this position will require occasional travel within the U.S.
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000, depending on experience. Justice in Motion provides a comprehensive benefits package and a generous amount of leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Justice in Motion values diversity in our workforce and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Please email a resume and a customized cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line, please write: “HR ASSOC -- [Your Name].”
Work will begin as soon as possible. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Justice in Motion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Job Email id: apply(at)justiceinmotion.org