|Organization Name||:||International Crisis Group|
|Location||:||MENA Region, Turkey|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Aug 2022, 10:59 am|
|Closing Date||:||04 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Senior Analyst, Yemen
Purpose of the role:
The Senior Analyst will undertake research and draft reports and other forms of shorter publications which examine and propose solutions to prevent or mitigate deadly conflict in Yemen, including consideration of security, political, legal, governance, human rights and social issues. The Senior Analyst will also actively champion Crisis Group policy positions and recommendations regarding Yemen and represent the organisation at events and in the media - locally, nationally and internationally, as appropriate. We prefer the analyst to be based in the region or in our Turkey office.
• Conducts extensive field research into prevailing issues in Yemen, including - where relevant - consideration of security, political, legal, economic and social issues as well as human rights, gender and governance;
• Provides written analyses - in clear and concise fashion - of the risks and origins of deadly conflict in Yemen in the form of detailed reports and briefing papers for publication, as well as shorter derivatives (such as podcasts and op-eds);
• Proposes policy recommendations and initiatives for conflict actors, including political, civil society and other stakeholders in deadly conflicts in Yemen at the national, regional and international levels, aimed at preventing, mitigating or resolving such conflicts;
• Advocates Crisis Group policy positions and recommendations regarding conflicts in Yemen, and represents Crisis Group at events and in the media - locally, nationally and internationally, as appropriate;
• Provides support to the MENA Program Director and MENA Senior Advisor for Crisis Group activities and advocacy on Yemen in the region and globally;
• As required, supervise research assistants, consultants, stringers and/or interns.
• Post-graduate qualification in international relations, political science, social sciences or other relevant field of academic study;
• At least seven years of professional experience in the field of conflict research, analysis and prevention, working in government, academia, international organisations, non-governmental organisations or the media;
• Demonstrated excellent English writing skills and strong knowledge of Arabic;
• Strong research and analytical skills, and proven experience of formulating persuasive policy recommendations;
• Extensive knowledge of Yemen’s security and public policy issues, and experience of living and working in the region, especially in Yemen;
• A network of governmental and non-governmental, official, media and civil society contacts in the region;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and public presentation skills;
• Experience of working successfully within a team, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding and high-pressure environment.
Candidates should apply before 7 September 2022.
Apply at: https://jobs.crisisgroup.org/o/senior-analyst-yemen