|Organization Name||:||Build Africa Kenya (BAK)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Aug 2022, 10:54 am|
|Closing Date||:||08 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Build Africa Kenya (BAK), an affiliate of Street Child UK, is a Non-Governmental Organization committed to developing the potential of young people and supporting their participation in sustainable development programmes. BAK implements programmes in Nakuru County and Turkana West in Turkana County in Kenya.
In the years 2022 BAK added two new projects; an Early Childhood Education (ECD) project funded by Comic Relief (Rise and Shine) and a pilot Secondary Education Improvement Project (SEIP) by an individual donor. The overall aim of both projects is improving the educational rights and outcomes for children in the counties by addressing factors that impede effective ECD education both at school and within the community as well as focus on primary school projects to improve transition to secondary school.
The job holder will provide technical, coordination and oversee all school-based interventions under the Build Africa Kenya Funded projects. The job holder shall ensure that projects are implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner, to achieve high standard in programming. The job holder will additionally ensure the practice and institutionalization of a culture of innovation and creativity in all Projects programmes.
Based in Gilgil Sub –County and reporting to the Country Director, the position entails significant travel to the field including Turkana County. He/she will be responsible for implementing high quality programs including monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
1. Offer supervisory support and programme oversight to all projects
2. Lead the mainstreaming of child rights/protection approaches into the programme.
3. Prepare and submit high quality quarterly reports.
4. Collect, analyze & submit accurate M&E data to aid in programming and fundraising efforts.
5. Support BAK fundraising and resource mobilization.
6. Line Manage Project Officers, Project Assistants and Drivers in the assigned areas.
• Support the preparation of annual and quarterly program activity Detailed Implementation Work Plans( DIPs) and ensure approval by the Country Director.
• In consultation with the Country Director, facilitate and supervise the preparation of /Project Detailed Implementation plans (GANNT CHART) as needed, prepare TORs for projects activities.
• Coordinate the work of Project Officers to ensure that activities are implemented as projected in work-plans and budgets
• Identify and remedy any deviations from planned activities and budgets in a timely and effective manner; and as appropriate bring to the attention of the Country Director and BAK SMT any major unforeseen deviations from plans and budgets in a timely manner.
• Ensure that communities and key stakeholders are meaningfully involved in BAK activities across the entire project cycle, and that their perspectives and contribution are adequately captured in quarterly reports
• Identify and inform the Country Director of potential program partnerships in the project areas.
• Ensure that BAK safeguards and respects the rights of children across all projects, and that the organization responds promptly and appropriately to child protection issues.
• Prepare high quality monthly and quarterly reports to include activity reports, quarterly program reports and M&E reports.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
• Work with Project Officers in capturing evidence of projects impact through identifying and writing success stories and capturing beneficiary voices.
• Capture, analyze M&E data and prepare reports – the position is also responsible for maintaining a reliable M&E database.
• Make continual and periodic observations of BAK projects delivery, noting and reporting any potential problems, notable successes and suggestions for improvements
• Ensure that all such observations from Project Officers are taken forward, including giving feedback to the assistants on any resultant actions
• Organize and take lead in regular BAK/beneficiaries progress review termly drawing participation from among others Ministry of Education (MoE) staff and BMO to review progress on BAK supported activities.
BAK Fundraising & Donor Support:
• Support donor visits to include preparation of TORs, vetting of visitation sites, and accompanying donors.
• Line manages Project Officers to include coaching and mentoring them to learn and practice BAK’s culture of innovation and creativity in programs, including proactively reporting any areas of potential improvement.
• Ensure that Project Officers perform to the full extent of their capabilities and that their performance is directed wholly towards achieving BAK’s goals
• Ensuring that Project Officers remain motivated and enthusiastic about their work
Representation and Other Tasks:
• Represent BAK at various fora as and when requested.
• Work with the Country Director to ensure the current strategy is fully implemented.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
8. Child Rights/Protection
• Awareness creation/training of staff, communities and partners in Child Protection
• Supporting other BAK offices in CR/CP
• Ensuring mainstreaming of CR/CP in all aspects of the projects
• Ensuring BAK participation in National/County CR/CP for a.
• Ensure as the focal person for Child Safeguarding that all abuse cases are reported and adequately followed up and concluded.
• Degree level qualification in Development or Social Science with minimum 5 years’ experience in ECD project design or any other relevant qualification, knowledge and experience of working in livelihood projects will be an added an advantage
• Experience of direct working with schools in promoting the quality of basic education.
• Proactive in thinking and able to question the status quo
• Good knowledge and demonstrated experience working on Child Protection issues
• High integrity
• Good communication skills.
• Ready to speak up and proactively raise issues
• Have Participatory Rural Appraisal skills, Practical monitoring, review and evaluation skills.
• Good report writing and computer skills.
• Strong line management skills
• Good training and facilitation skills.
• A good team player.
• Creativity and innovation.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Able to work under harsh field conditions
• Willingness to learn to ride a motorcycle
• Able to fundraise through development of concepts.
How to apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the Human Resource Manager through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing/attaching detailed CV and relevant testimonials clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR PROJECTS COODINATOR POSITION” by September 12th, 2022.
Build Africa Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Note: Build Africa Kenya (BAK) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment.